Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / general questions, save game idea

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
1.) When an enemy has a gun and you step behind a wall, if he fires a second shot, it will still damage you? can this be fixed?

2.) No ladders in the game? Could'nt you use code such as the jet pack uses to move up and down a ladder?

3.) I tried making a trigger marker teleport me to a teleport out by changing the scripts loaded on spawn to look like the teleport in. It plays the sound when I walk through to trigger but does not teleport me.

4.) Has anyone tried to make a wrapper that can change the controls and incorporate a save state feature such as found in emulators?

5.) If I make a level that covers the editor area, all levels, it won't compile. Does the engine try to stick everything into memory, or is there a way to just load objects in a certain range?

6.) Will you guys start a wish list for FPS Creator 2 and sticky it, I'll start - my wish list:
1.) Save Game
2.) Random Terrain Generation for Outside
3.) Larger room segments and entities
4.) Easier way to customize start & load screens
5.) easier way to edit HUD
6.) Save files to compressed wad.
7.) allow game to load while intro video is being played.

Word!
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 2nd May 2006 20:38 Edited at: 2nd May 2006 20:39
1.) I didn't know that.
2.) Someone here has created a ladder...... can't remember where it is now. I have it on disk if you can't find it.
3.)
Quote: "scripts loaded on spawn "

The trigger zone doesn't have a "on spawn" that I know of. If you use the teleport script for the zones main, that should work.
4.) Some are working on it now. It's kind of a sore subject.
5.) Yes, as far as I know, the entire level is loaded into memory.
6.) There is already a forum for wish lists. It's called Feature Creep.

Crazy Grandpa
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2006 21:12 Edited at: 2nd May 2006 21:15
All of these things or similar to achieve the same end result have been asked for many times repeatedly over a long period of time. Most of them well before V1 was released. You dont have them currently for reasons that are well documented and/or to some extent reasons known only to TGC.

No one knows what any update to FPSC will contain or when any update will be released. It seems likely that unless the engine changes dramatically any update will do little to accommodate at least some of these requests.

Any update in the near future may well only concentrate on some of the bug issues - not necessarily the most important ones and if you are very, very lucky any important missing feature requests - though possibly not any of those.

As to any further ahead than that who knows? Whether or not there will be any FPSC V2 in the real sense is any bodies guess. If ever, not any time soon I would suspect, but who knows.

TGC might and have said FPSC is to be updated during the year 2006 so that leaves quite some time to wait while contemplating what it may or may not include. Its unlikely that we will be given much information prior to an imminent release, though again I may be wrong there.

In the meantime please keep feature requests in the feature request forum as TGC are unlikely to give consideration to anything outside of that forum when contemplating such requests. Post in the correct forum or it may get missed. Dont expect TGC to search every forum or thread for info - they wont. Features requests and bug reports should be in the correct forums or TGC are likely to ignore them and a user may be dissapointed any suggestion they make has been overlooked completely.

I have been told repeatedly myself while in contact with TGC that its important to keep the posts in the correct forum or they may well get ignored or overlooked - when the time comes TGC will look in the correct forums and not elsewhere so I just pass that on for your info.

Its important if you find bugs or have feature requests to make them known and dont leave it for someone else to do as they may not and its easy to forget to post something you discover needs fixing or updating while working away inside FPSC - I do it all the time - make your point by all means but put it in the correct place or you may be wasting your time.

You might be anyway, but we can only try.

I posted the ladders - go here :

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=70964&b=26

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 15:30:08
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 15:30:08