Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Flying/levitation or super jumping

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Anyone know how to make the player levitate, fly, or super jump, or how to change the gravity in FPS creator so jumping and falling is different?
Pus In Boots
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2006 18:23
u can probably change the jump height and gravity etc. by altering the coding. *stating the obvious here* make a backup copy of the script folder BEFORE u alter scripts.

You don't have to be insane to answer my questions, but it helps

visit www.gameshell.tk
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2006 19:50
There is no real player in FPSC as such just a Camera and control of movement for that is very limited.

You can affect its gravity - search for the jetpack and study how gravity is affected in that script.

However ther all kinds of difficulties in applying gravity or lack of it to the player (camera) and such make the kinds of player movement control you seek difficult to achieve without other side effects relating to collision and other things due to Physics and so forth.

There just isnt enough default support for cameras or player movement to make working with attempts really successful as far as I am aware.

Perhaps we will see some futher update to the flexibility of user control for the player as time go on in FPSC updates which will help along these lines. I am sure that will be considered along with many other improvements.

Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2006 02:49
yes to all, and to all a good night.

As for the location of the script... open up revial teh FAQ and it should be under script creation

(Now why is that a sticky again? No one uses it.)

We all have our inner noob. Join the NJL, and have more fun!
I believe society is flawed; our notions on life, on child rearing, stem too far back to be of relevance in this day and time.
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2006 16:18
I use it and it ought to be required reading for all FPSC users.
Besides,be happy they stickied something of yours.Although,for some reason,some people can't see the stickys even though they are the first thing they see when the page loads...lol.

FLa
Where you can find my demo:http://www.savefile.com/files/6970524

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 15:28:43
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 15:28:43