Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Save/Load Game... Is this going to be in the next update for FPSC ?!???

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2006 13:45
Hi Guys,

As the title says... Will the Save / Load Game option be implemented
in the next update for FPS Creator??? And what date has TGC given for the release? I know guys... This probably has been asked a million times over... But please entertain a guy here that doesn't have a clue on this subject matter... Thank's all...

Best Regards,

DoctorWho...
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2006 13:51
TGC is working on an update.As to when it will be released or what it will cover we don't know yet.Click on "May newsletter" at the top for more info.
I would assume that there will be a save/load feature in the upgrade since that is what most of the people want but I've been wrong before...

FLa
Where you can find my demo:http://www.savefile.com/files/6970524
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2006 15:19
We've got no clue to what will be in the update.

Personally I doubt there will be save/load in it. TGC didn't activate it in v1, even though they worked on it. Imo implementing save/load in FPSC is probably one the thoughest tasks there is.

Soon we may have people jumping on me and telling me as usual that it's very easy to implement. They've told us that for months now, but..... no one has yet implemented it. And keep in mind also that TGC has worked over 3 years on FPSC and never finished the save/load routines.

Bored of indoor? Add outdoor to your FPSC games!
http://www.aeilkema.dds.nl/mega/index.html
Need music for your games? Check the above link also!
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2006 15:25
Ben is right about the difficulty of the save/load.If it were easy someone would have already put out something to take care of it.

FLa
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: MAFIA 2
Posted: 5th May 2006 04:25
Its not hard to implement save & load into the sourcecode! You dont even have to use the save arrow commando, You can use the make file commando instead, and then call for the file You just made. It must be some other reason why TGC dont have save & load in FPS Creator. And as I said before, I know the reason but I wont tell You why! By the way Menu Extreme is almost ready for "You" Guys!

Menu Extreme! The answer to Your save & load problem...
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2006 06:05 Edited at: 5th May 2006 06:06
Yes, mr love, we know.

I would hypothosise that Save Load was never implemented because of all the errors in Lee's programming. They might have had it in an earlier build, but took it out due to conflicting data management. Basically meaning that what would be correct in one part of the code is incorrect in another.

A very good example is your MaxHealth error, add a Save/Load using the existing loading and saving code and then your Max Health will be lower...

Perhaps there are more of these errors in the code... and if you change something they popup.

Now this provides a logical reason for Save Load to have not been implemented. It may not be accurate, for I have never fully compiled a save/load (as I don't own a compiler) but it is just a theory that happens to fit what I know.

We all have our inner noob. Join the NJL, and have more fun!
I believe society is flawed; our notions on life, on child rearing, stem too far back to be of relevance in this day and time.
Lizblizz
Years of Service
User Offline
I hope they do and what happend to riker9?

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2006 07:36
Riker 9 is still in development.

FLa
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: MAFIA 2
Posted: 5th May 2006 07:59
Yeah right, lol! Thats a bit funny OnePost. I am always so dizzy at theese hours, its night in Sweden, and it shourld be save array and nothing else! I also hope for save & load in the next FPSC update. In some games it is better with saves in the middle of the game, and other games really need level lockups instead, it really depends upon what kind of game You make. In the future I might make a version of Menu Extreme inside the source code, but it is very far from now.....

Menu Extreme! The answer to Your save & load problem...
Lizblizz
Years of Service
User Offline
i wish they make a coustome saveing screen and saveing point objects like in horror games in Ln its your cell phone or computer

code master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2006 05:03
@lizblizz

nice avatar.
lol

"I don't bite her, i just slobber on her" "I remember things as well as a retarded goldfish, who just swam through the chicago river"

Lizblizz
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks...You like it?

code master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2006 05:07
Yes. Actaully, I meant signiture.

"I don't bite her, i just slobber on her" "I remember things as well as a retarded goldfish, who just swam through the chicago river"

Lizblizz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2006 05:09 Edited at: 6th May 2006 05:10
Oh i thought so im changing it to SEXY CHICK can you post a pic on fourm name like mine lizzblizz?

code master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2006 05:14
Quote: "can you post a pic on fourm name like mine lizzblizz?"

I don't understand.

Lizblizz
Years of Service
User Offline
Never mind i wanted to chang the color to pink

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 15:21:55
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 15:21:55