Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / FPS Creator English Bank

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
hello,

im a french user of FPS Creator and i would like to know how can i download an english version of the languagebank. Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2006 18:22
If you're french whay would you need the english version?

We're getting a lot of these requests lately and some of them are plain old pirated versions.

Get in contact with TGC and they can perhaps help you.

http://www.gamefun4u.nl/index.html
GameFun4U, the ultimate funtainment. Cool Games and Resources for your own games.
Adrian X
Years of Service
User Offline
Because i want to publish english games. I dont need the program in english, i need the english bank, that are the language files of the games made with FPS Creator.
Pus In Boots
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2006 19:10
Maybe some1 culd e-mail the files 2 u... no. no that wont work. or maybe... no. soz, m8.

You don't have to be insane to answer my questions, but it helps

visit www.gameshell.tk
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2006 21:27
I think sending files of another version is PARTLY,piracy.BUT i still dont think that if your French,you need the english files(UNLESS you want to build games for english people)

So what i want to know,WHY do you need those files?

Your signature has been erased by a mod because it's larger than 600x120...
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2006 21:44
Enter a support call : http://www.thegamecreators.com/?m=contact_support

Ask there whether they will send you the files you require.

For free Plug-ins and source code http://www.matrix1.demon.co.uk
Chris Franklin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2006 21:45
rofl i got this same question on irc just the other day

Theme park simulator wip boards

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2006 21:47
@IanM

Dont you listen to Rich?,well i aint telling this to get banned but check this:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=78217&b=21

fourth post.

Adrian X
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I think sending files of another version is PARTLY,piracy.BUT i still dont think that if your French,you need the english files(UNLESS you want to build games for english people)

So what i want to know,WHY do you need those files?"

Just read what i said: "Because i want to publish english games. I dont need the program in english, i need the english bank, that are the language files of the games made with FPS Creator."

I already contacted my support (in french) and they couldnt help me, so i tried here. Thanks for 'great' support.
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2006 01:00
@Master mind,

... huh? I don't get it - Why would I get banned?

@Adrian X,

That support link I posted is the English support provided by TCG. Try it.

For free Plug-ins and source code http://www.matrix1.demon.co.uk
K Jah
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2006 01:52
This is because he's a pirate.

And a stupid one at that, posting on the official boards. Twat.

code master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2006 04:35
Aaha!
You! You! argh! You are stupid! (jk, no ones stupid, but man...)

Quote: "sorry for my bad english"

lol, yeah right. Dude, you type better then the average english fourm user. Sheesh!

"I don't bite her, i just slobber on her" "I remember things as well as a retarded goldfish, who just swam through the chicago river"

Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2006 05:42 Edited at: 6th May 2006 19:06
Si tu veut la banque d'anglais, c'est possible de recevoir par la TGC support. Ici, ce n'est pas possible. Les autres pense que tu est un pirate.

"Guns for show, knives for a pro."
op89x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2006 07:30
Uncalled for.

Avaric Entertainment
Team Leader/Lead Developer
Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2006 08:38
I don't understand this request... If I wanted to make a game in French/German/Italian etc... I could easily use the English version... Anything that needs translating on the HUD etc can be done manually... Apart from lives/health...'press enter to use' and the like, what is the user going to need to read to be able to play the game... and even if you didn't change those in game, you could provide a small text file explaining what everything meant... I personally don't think that the english bank is necessary to make games for english speakers...

I also agree with code master... your english is much better than most of the regular forum users, you're fooling no-one....

I wonder how many more

"I accidentally [illegally] bought [downloaded] the French version and need the files in english... I thought it was funny that the box had french writing all over it but presumed the program would be in english [it didn't mention on the torrent that it was a french version, and i wasted ages downloading this and now can't use it]."
Sicksinz
Years of Service
User Offline
I actually bought a French copy from goodwill (imagine that)...I am using it as is till I buy another copy. I agree thought that you can easily translate it for other languages without the Language bank. Sure, I'd like to get a copy of the language bank myself so I don't have to buy it again, but this would be the last place to ask for it...seriously.
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 6th May 2006 17:27
@Adrian X

I hope you had better luck with FPSC Support, and I apologize for some of our members rudeness. I hope you will continue to visit us and become a productive member. There are some decent people here as well.

Crazy Grandpa
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2006 18:36
Quote: "@Master mind,

... huh? I don't get it - Why would I get banned?"

not you,i want telling it to get banned myself,but look at that link i posted at the fourth post,a nice sentance by Richard Davey.

Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2006 19:08
SI tu veut faire les joues en anglais, c'est simple. Seulement re-type les message de HUD en anglais. Il ne as pas les autre message en anglais dans la joue, donc, le "language bank" ce n'est pas neccessaire!!

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2006 19:09
OK that means like this:
To get the HUD message english just retype that and other messages to get it in english WITHOUT the language bank.

AM i right?

Adrian X
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "SI tu veut faire les joues en anglais, c'est simple. Seulement re-type les message de HUD en anglais. Il ne as pas les autre message en anglais dans la joue, donc, le "language bank" ce n'est pas neccessaire!!"

Merci pour le conseil, ami.

Quote: "I hope you had better luck with FPSC Support, and I apologize for some of our members rudeness. I hope you will continue to visit us and become a productive member. There are some decent people here as well."

Thank you anyway, but i will follow the council of Butter fingers.
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2006 23:28
How to Crush Piracy 101...

Realize WHY people pirate...
The want of software is great, and they often are unable or unwilling to pay for it. This is a desire over guilt issue here, and we are willing to forget what is 'right' to get what we want.

HOW do people pirate...
Mearly involves compressing a file, ripping a disk, or hacking the saftey software. This tells two things, first is that the ease at which a person can pirate is exceptionally high. Only when people need to actually HACK the software is it hard for them to pirate it... and even then, there are many people who will create such software not with the intent of piracy, but with the intent of providing a service that others want... Unfortunatly, this same service allows piracy to commence.

What makes Piracy Easy.
The ease of copying a file, and the ease of it's distribution. You simply download a client, and then turn your computer into a server, a few hours later, hundreds of other people have the software and now can distribute it on their own.

The Solution.
A multipronged attack on FileSharing.

First, pass the file sharers law which states that anyone distributing files greater then 5mb in size needs to have a legal licence to do so, this will then provide legal grounds to request records from ISP Companies within the country which will then allow the government to keep track of legal file distributers, and locate the illigal ones as well.

Second, reduce the upload speed to 4kbs for those without licence, this will greatly reduce the ability of a computer to act as an illigal server. However it will not reduce the effectiveness of the torrent system. Yes, you will require more clients to distribute at the high speeds the the torrent system offers, but that will only add a plus to the new system.

Thridly increase the general security of your protected software by requiring multiple exterior programs that assist in it's running. This level of security is only to increase the time it takes for the hack to be made... there is no way to prevent hacks from being made, but atleast you have a measure of security helping to prevent it.

We need to stop looking for solutions that will stop a crime that is imposible to stop. Delay, discourage, slow down... Piracy is inevidable, but there are things people can do to help.

We all have our inner noob. Join the NJL, and have more fun!
I believe society is flawed; our notions on life, on child rearing, stem too far back to be of relevance in this day and time.
Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
Butter Fingers rough translation 1: If you wants the English bank, it is possible to receive by the TGC support. Here, it is not possible. The others thinks that you is a pirate.
Butter Fingers rough translation 2: If you wants to make the English cheeks, it is simple. Only Re-type the message of English HUD. It do not have the other English message in the cheek, therefore, the "language bank" it is not neccessary!!!

Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2006 21:55
Tom, joues, is games. The plural of joue. It has to have the "S" on the end, as it follows the prefex "les"

of course you're right, joues is also cheeks.

French lesson over. class dismissed.

K Jah
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2006 22:12
Piracy will not go away, but if you don't participate in it you have nothing to wory about.

Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2006 23:06
some random facts.
37% of all software on all computers in the world is pirated.

Piracy costs the electronic software industry $25 billion a year (in 2005) with the industry itself only being worth $59 billion. If piracy didn't exist, the industry would earn 1.5x more money.

On the other hand, piracy actually creates industry. It's like locks. If there was no crime, alarm system companies and lock companies would go bust, and people would lose jobs. Anti piracy is a huge industry, that relies on criminal activity!!

So.. if you don't pirate. it's cool. just chill. If you do pirate, bear in mind, that you could be causing someone's company to go bust. 50000 copies of doom3 were downloaded in the week before it's release. how would you feel if everyone had played your game before you'd even released it?

Doom
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2006 04:29
Did you know, that FPSC french version is the number 1 pirated copy. and alot of people asking for english copies are just trying to scam us so they can get the full english version technically. (FACT) Someone translated a version into japenese. < Apparently there is a japenese forums out there somewhere. (( i know this due to my friend being a p2p type of guy.) dont worry i bought mine legitly. i dont believe in piracy (to an extent)

Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2006 21:32
Doom, do you know that if they downloaded the English copy then they wouldn't be asking for a patch?

We all have our inner noob. Join the NJL, and have more fun!
I believe society is flawed; our notions on life, on child rearing, stem too far back to be of relevance in this day and time.
Doom
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2006 03:17
yes i do.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 17:24:26
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 17:24:26