Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Metal Fear Retro: New Snake Shot

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Here is a picture of the new solid snake model in action in our programming test level (not a main game level, lol our levels have more detail) he now has a walking, running, shooting and dieing animation. still working on the shadow system, and AI but I am working around the clock (8:45AM at the moment and havent slept since yesterday) to get it done by the deadline. As I say not much left to do.... please leave your comments on the pic (I tryed lighting the pic up so those with low gamma values can see it )

DaZ

"There is only two ways of this island, the first is in pieces and the seconds with me." -(ReX/DaZ)
FurEffect
Years of Service
User Offline
Snake On the run....

DaZ

"There is only two ways of this island, the first is in pieces and the seconds with me." -(ReX/DaZ)
NetBounty
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2003 12:39
That looks totally...... SWEET! Good work!

www.pulsesoftware.xrs.net
Under Complete Reconstruction
AsriCE
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2003 13:58
Woahh .. looks cool, nice work! I'm curious, are the pictures rendered or are they real-time? What version of DB are you using for the game? How much is the game completed?

Asri CE Crew

Anak Brunei!
Gu re gu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2003 14:40
Ah ... shadow shading ... cunning the way you've positioned the character right next to the wall just so we could see it.

nice one

Daih Thel phae 'e, clann 'e phaen
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2003 19:56
those are realtime ingame shots from DBpro 3.1? (might be 4.0 now i dunno)
i've finally woken up now (^_^) ... took bloody long enough, but dunno about you guys can't wake up totally until my first tea of the day.

so i was like bleck until like 20-30mins ago, so started to work on the SoCom (H&K mk23 w/silencer, laser guide & flashlight) - so basically the one Snake uses (^_^) ... i won't add a trigger as it'll never be seen, skin it in a min - probably work on the FA-MAS 80 model first, spend about an hour on that
mainly padding here though cause i asked someone to do the skecths for me last nite, i went to bed assuming i'd have them in my inbox when i woke up (cause i was told "yeah don't worry i'll be done in 3hrs!") but low and behold they're not there. I hate relying on people to do things for me, cause it wastes my time and schedual cause they never finish on time and i look bad cause i'm waiting for thier work so i can get on with my own in that area

ack... my webspace is all screwed up - i email you upload (^_^)

Tsu'va Oni Ni Jyuuko Fiori Sei Tau!
One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?
Eponick
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2003 22:02 Edited at: 25th Mar 2003 22:03
Holy crap dude, that changed a whole lot from last time.
Are you still going with top down look in the main game like you had before?
Or did you change it to this?

Those screens look great man, keep it up! I hope a beta or somthings done soon, I wana play it ^_^

FurEffect
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok
@AsriCE The game is a realtime screen from DBPro 1.04 and the game is about 80% complete jus got to figure out some issues with ai and cutscenes.

@BlackDragon lol yeah I did intend to put him close to the wall so you could see the shadow however I only did that so you could see the animation of him running.

@Raven Cant wait to see those models!!!

@Eponick I am using a combenation of the two views depending on the height of the roof... I wont be releasing beta to the public as I have a few friends who will do this for me (sorry this is my top secret way of working) as I dont want to spoil you guys with a less than best effort.

DaZ

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2003 00:11
oki... i've figured a problem in my plan to email you the models...
and i think perhaps you might know what it is

grab one of my email address's and lemme know one of yours - i've now got 3 version of the Socom hehee, i'm gonna skin this latest one (423polys) and then make a low polygon version. I'm having trouble finding anything by side shots of the FA-MAS G2 which is annoying cause how the heck i'm suppose to figure out how the edges go from a side i dunno... you fancy an Enfield SA80 instead? have Snake against British Troops hehee

i'll get on with snake tonite, as i'm not gonna have the sketches til 10pm my time (which is annoyin to say the least) but i'll make Snake & a Son of Liberty too ... setup the map, weight and animate tonite ... probably skin in the morning.

One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2003 22:26
got the sketchs in my inbox ... i'm not sure if its some joke but there isn't a bloody front to them - and i'm already stressing enough over this useless bloody paint package called Photoshop.

Keep asking people for advice, their answer keeps being "just play about"
i don't understand what so bloody hard about wanting to create some simple vectored shapes within it.
this never happend with Paintshop, people would sit there and go "oh well you use this tool and then do this, and your done." but with photoshop, what does no one know the bloody names of tools

i swear begining to think everyone just wants to add bloody years onto my development times!
so erm, i'm not sure what i'm gonna send later today - i want to send something ... but god knows what its gonna be at this rate though

Simple
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2003 22:38
Hmmm ! sounds like you have been asking the wrong people about how to use photoshop to me.

Creating vectored shapes is very easy to do ( even easier with 7 )

Spec - AMD Athlon 1000mhz - 256mb DDR - Gforce2mx 400 TV out - 60gb HD - 19" Compaq - DVD rom
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2003 23:55
well most people i've asked don't know ... and one told me to use illustrator
i dunno why everyone when you ask them for help decides that you need several blasted programs to make anything halfway decent.

being totally stressed about this ain't helping matters either cause nothing is looking right to me

Simple
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2003 00:32
Well I'm not going to explain to you how to do it ( out of Principle and our past )

Why don't you try one of the online tutorials you keep trying to slag me off for using ( even though I have written some of them )

Just search for >> photoshop 6 vector shapes << and you will find all the answers you're looking for.

Spec - AMD Athlon 1000mhz - 256mb DDR - Gforce2mx 400 TV out - 60gb HD - 19" Compaq - DVD rom
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2003 02:23
because there's a difference between a tutorial and someone telling you the tool to achieve the result you want...
you still don't understand that though do you?

i mean Photoshop has almost 4-5x the amount of tools there that Paintshop does, and they're all accessed differently, with different tool settings.
just knowing what each of the tools is hard enough - and when you're pressed for time sitting there playing with ALL of them trying to follow a poorly planned manual is not helping an iota.

you see the tutorials run through them, you get to the end ... find out what YOU wanted to achieve in the first place was just a case of selecting 'such-n-such' tool and using it on 'such-n-such' setting.
yet you've just wasted 20minutes working on a peice of work that you'll never use in anything you'll actually produce, just to find out that one peice of information which someone could have easily just said!

whats even worse is i'm talking to people and i get half a dozen of on and half a dozen of the other ... people who've used these tools for years, don't know howto do simply bloody things. Suchas a simple 3D tube effect - in Paintshop 3 vector lines, changed width guasian blurred based on thier size getting around 40% of the original size each time. not even 2-3minutes you have yourself a convincing Cylinder which you can then edit for say tubing or something else - combine and use as a shader, i dunno.

in Photoshop however the affair isn't quite as simple is it?
and i've noticed ALOT of the tutorials around use the lights of the scene to produce certain effect... all well and good if you have a single light source.
not so good when you actually have a wrapped skin which turns almost 180° requireing the same light source to be in 2 places at once, yet if you did this they'd collide and ruin the effect.

so many tutorials and yet little to no leaneance for interpretation ... and then there are those tutorials which expect you to know what tools are what already ... so you find a tutorial to teach you the tools to run through a tutorial just to find out its a single bloody tool with a single bloody setting!
however wasted almost the whole day a) looking for these stupid tutorials, b) actually doing the tutorials i find
... and i can't just sit there and take down i've learn something like this because i want to know something and i'm not going to take anything in until i think i'm actually learning exactly what i need to know for it ... so as soon as the tutorial is done - poof i forget!

this is what was so dang infuriating the first time with all of this, you expect everyone should learn everything the exact same way - this is what everyone seems to dang well think. You run through some tutorials and such and suddenly believe you know all the answers ... but the thing is if everyone knows so many damn'd answers to write these things to teach others all the answers how come they can't answer basic questions?

Simple
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2003 03:32 Edited at: 27th Mar 2003 03:34
Well.... you have the time to ramble out your post, but don't seem to have the time to learn photoshop. Everybody has a different degree of learning ability, some can pick it up quick and remember what they have just learnt.... and some can't ( you obviously fall into the latter )

There's no quick fix for learning photoshops functions... you either have the time and patients to learn it or you don't.

Judging by your recent posts on the forum, you seem to be struggling quite a lot with photoshop and it's funcions. Not surprising if you have just jumped from using Paintshop and you was used to that software.

Some people can just use them all, and with no difficulty whats so ever. Look at it this way >> most art packages are just a variation on a theme... if you know how to make vector shapes in Paintshop, then photoshop can make them too ( you just have to take a different rout to achieve the same goal )

Same if you was to start using CoralDraw 10... they all do the same, just in a different way.

For example >> Paintshop pro has a pointed finger for using the "colour to target tool" and a "spray can" for the air brush tool........ But photoshop has a "spraypen tool" with "colour to target" as one of it's sub tools.

You just need to take the time to find the same type of tools you have been used to with Paintshop.... and if you are in a rush or pushed for time, then use Paintshop.

Brent_Seraphim
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2003 01:48
No offense to anyone but...Simple watch out about pointing 'things' out to Raven. For the damnest reasons he SEEMS to know everything about anything and their dog.

"Laugh to scorn the power of man..."
Simple
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2003 12:19
LOL !!

Brent_Seraphim ........... hehe ! I'm not a noob when it comes to dealing with raven. You obviously don't know about our previous run-ins.

Thanks for the warning though even though it's not needed.

Veggie will probably have something to say now !!

rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2003 14:55
Nice shots anyway...

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Kousen Dev Progress >> Currently Working On Editors
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2003 05:14
i know you didn't really want anything up - but right now i'm kinda nursing myself after an injury and felt like doing something that wouldn't stress me much

so i just messed around with some of the renders for a little while, after i finally get max reinstalled (for some reason my OS keeps rebooting everytime it hits 90% since i upgraded some drivers for the Logitech Keyboard )
i'll be able to FINALLY get on with Snake and Son of Liberty guy hehee (^_^)

i hope it doesn't take more than a few hours, shouldn't do but the sketchs i have aren't exactly top notch - so probably be sitting here working of the original artwork. Probably gonna aim for around 3,000 - 5,000 poylgons on par with TR:AoD style graphics (if thats oki)

its good to have my ftp back up and running, and be getting back to some artwork

i know nothing major just the SoCom, Fa-Mas, SoCom Textured (without Silencer & Laser Sight) ... and i kept the weapons under 350polygons (which includes addons) so should be easily useable ingame.
perhaps talk with you later about making a quick format for the skeleton animations and models (^_^) nothing major just a quick 5min thing i can make an exporter for milkshape with in a few minutes.

Eponick
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2003 11:42 Edited at: 30th Mar 2003 11:42

Puuurrtttyyyy

The Wendigo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2003 10:38
Gee raven, I think I'm more impressed with your shiney signature. I want of those!

1.00 GHZ processor, 256 MB RAM, GeForce 3 64MB, SB Live!, 8 cans of soda per day
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2003 10:50
the signature? ...
i was kinda jealous that Ant has a siggy and i don't - so i made one
its been on my artwork before, just not my 3D.

ya know i never did get around to sending Daz the stuff (my bad lol)
this is what happens when ya don't bug me over MSN though
god i so need to be on a team again, i branch out too much without someone keeping me in toe lol

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 05:41:36
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 05:41:36