Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Change minimum age to 16 to buy FPS Creator

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: MAFIA 2
Posted: 7th May 2006 06:10
I think many agree with Me that this forum has turned to a cirkus! I thought this forum existed so We can help our forum friends with probs in FPSC. But thats not the case here, many members talk about avatars, and how cool Your friends games is without any critics. Dont be afraid to give critics, if You mean well the critics can lead to that Your "forum friends" future games will be better. Just do it in a nice way! Please stop say cool cool cool cool cool cool, it wont lead anywere! When I see threads like Im getting an award (Film award) I think congraulations! But this thread dont belong here! Alot of threads here is so called "Goodbye threads" I mean if You want to leave this forum JUST LEAVE! Alot of unrealistic wishes at features creep, like "cant You make FPSC games work in Playstation3" or this "idea" "Why not build the houses in 1000 peaces so We can make them blow up realistic." And this one: "It wourld be cool with cars that We can drive" Yea where? around & around theese 40x40 tiles? I think most of theese Guys are 12-14 years old, and they are def. to Young to work with a Indie tool like FPS Creator! Theese kids has probs with both tecnical issues and act in a mature way here on this forum, so I say welcome back kids when You are 16. And thats what this post is all about, lets change the minimum age from 13 years old to 16 years old!

Menu Extreme! The answer to Your save & load problem...
Doom
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2006 06:13
i semi-agree with you, but no offence to the people here on the board. but most of those 12-14 year olds have pirated copies of the FPSC software. and i think their should be an online registering system.
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2006 06:29
Yes I know, and thats also serious. Not many 13 yo kids can afford to buy FPSC so ofcourse they copy it! I think that the FPSC forum shourld be more like the Darkbasic forum, and the prize We have to pay is to change the minimum age from 13 to 16...

Doom
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2006 06:48
heh, i bought darkbasic. i remember when i first went there i got flamed.
Duke Blue Devils
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2006 06:53 Edited at: 7th May 2006 06:53
I didn't know there was a minimum age, but there are some 10-14 year olds that are already programming in Dark Basic so why not FPSC? However, I agree that people shouldn't clog the forums with useless crap.

Visit the official Chicago Rush website
http://chicagorush.servegame.com/index.php
Billwaa
Years of Service
User Offline
First, are kids 13 really smart enough to copy FPSC? I mean, isn't there a CD protection or something? I don't even know how and I am 16.

But, really, I don't think this should change from 13 to 16. I remembered, when I am 13, that's the time when my imagination is at it's fullest. That's why I used Game Maker, cuz it give me power to do basically anything. (That time I still don't know there is FPSC). I agree that they might not know the technical stuffs, but really, sholdn't be mad at kids that just want to achieve their goals.

I remembered, when I first used Game Maker in 6th grade, there is no 3D support, no internet browser support... And everyone said it's impossible and stuffs. I rememebred thread like this always flamming at those who want to push the program beyond what it is capable of doing.

Without pushing, there wouldn't be any improvement. So what happened for GM now?

3D support, able to do FPS, driving in vehicles, 3rd person shooter, racing games, online games, MMORPG... And with the development of G-java, now it can also be play in an internet browser like a flash game, also cell-phone.

I believe same thing will happen sooner or later with FPSC, just don't discourage the kids, you will never know what they can achieve. I never believe I will know how to write a CD playing software before, now I know. I never think I will be able to create software that are useful, well, guess what, I did create some useful one. I never believe I can build my own robot and give it command, now, I can. I even enter competitions. All becuase back then, I said to myself, I want to learn it and I never give up.

About PS3, you will never know, I think some people in GM actually make the program work on PS2. And I think someone made a GM Video Game Console.

GM isn't a very professional program at all, it only cost 20 bucks, but it improve because the users want to improve it, keep on pushing it forward. FPSC is a more professional program, really, shouldn't it improve a lot more than GM?

For game creations, really, a simply "Cool!" will make the creator feel really good. After all the hard work he have done, if no one said anything, or play it at all, he will be very sad and disappointed. He might not want to make another game for the rest of his life.

Encourage people is a good way to help them improve, a simply, "Nice job" will do, and 2 word isn't really that hard to type right?

I remember, when I am in 7th grade, in middle school, the 2D games I made were still played in the Elementry School by young graders. My brothers were made half famous because of the games I made and left on the school computer. I got encourage by them and improve. look what happen now, I am quite successful. At least better 90% of the kids in my school in programming. I don't even take a computer programming class, nor will I ever, becuase programming is not my goal. I don't want to be a computer programmer nor a game designer. I want to be a scientist in space. Anyway, I something , am even better than those kids who take programming classes in school. Some don't even know how to assign a variable in Interactive C for robotic programming. I haven't even heard of that program before and got very good at it in about 5 min, didn't even look at the read me, nor the help file. Someone just write down the basic commands for me and I figure it out from there.

Threads like "I got an Award", what do you mean, it don't belong here? It's a good way to share how good the program is. Also, another way to encourage other people.

I know in GMC, they have a forum named Community, you post stuffs like that in there, I think, they should have one here too.
danielp
User Banned
Posted: 7th May 2006 06:57
But then what would you do about all the people over 16 causing strife?

And I'm sure TGC wouldn't want to alienate existing members below that age.

The best thing to do is just get more mods - which is, infact, being done as we speak, so don't forget to vote.

I think the 13yo minimum for the forum has something to do with internet privacy laws or something, but I could be wrong.

danielp

danielp
Email - thegamecreators@danielp.e4ward.com
My Specs - 2047MB RAM | P4 3.4GHz | XP 5.1.2600 SP2 | GeForce 6800 256MB | Dell 230310 1600x1200 34x27cm
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2006 07:27
If FPSC will be sold to older people, I think the engine in the long run will be developed from a toy to a serious indie-engine. And there are also some blood scens that cant be showed today couse the 13 yo limit. With a 16 yo limit alot more scary stuff courld be showed, bulletholes in dead bodies and so on...

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2006 07:43
I'm not saying you are wrong bout what is the difference?We have adults on the forums who act immature and some of these 10-13 year olds act more mature than they do.These kids are our future...how scary...just kidding.I don't think it is a matter of how old you are I think it is a parent's/parents' responsibility to decide whether they want their child playing with this.
Think about it in another light.If FPSC did that they would have to find some way to check everyone's age (a pain) then they would have to verify your age every time you order something.It already takes two days to get a download.If TGC did something like that it would take forever.
Just like having us control ourselves is the best policy when it comes to keeping the forums under control the best policy is letting parents decide what is best for their children.
If someone is posting and acting immature the best thing to do might be to ignore them.

FLa
Where you can find my demo:http://www.savefile.com/files/6970524
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2006 08:07
Mr. Love, you are half a century late... dictatorship is out. I doubt very much on you meeting the age criteria, you have continually displayed periods of immaturity or inability to deal with problems.

Second off, you fail to even think half the time. Thirteen Year Olds have an ENDLESS supply of money, it is called parents. Heck, as a thirteen year old I had over $400, legally. Heck, FPSC is only $50, a console game is $50 (That is where the 400 went at age 16 [my parents denied me proper gaming gear till that age.])

Now, you even go to say that these thirteen year olds who cannot afford FPSC are responsible for it's illegal distribution... that is not the case. I estimate the age of piracy to be around 16 to 24.

Why? Because to pirate software you have to have enough time to find a CD Crack, or enough experience to program it... Thirteen year olds CAN do some amazing things, but many are too ignorant to take this notion into hand and learn what they need to know.

And how do you plan to enforce this 'law'. The Internet is anomyonus, as long as you live with your parents, TGC cannot determine your age. And even then, you are assuming that thirteen year olds are a very minor portion of FPSC's consumer database, at 16 TGC wants you to be using DBP so that they make money off of you using FPSC to create maps and DBP to make the engine.

What would this accomplish? You want to have a forum that has no carefree conversation, no nice opinions, just telling everyone that their product sucks and to get a life. Well, hate to break it to you, but this thread is 'care free conversation' it has nothing to do with FPSC but rather forum management.

QED: No, never, and please don’t ask for this again.

Quote: "Anyway, I something, am even better than those kids who take programming classes in school. Some don't even know how to assign a variable in Interactive C for robotic programming. I haven't even heard of that program before and got very good at it in about 5 min, didn't even look at the read me, nor the help file. Someone just write down the basic commands for me and I figure it out from there. "

Put your money where your mouth is...
int x;
for (x=0;x<MaxNumber;x++) {
System.out.println("new line");
System.out.print("space");
}
if (x==1 || x!=7 && x>=8) { //if x is 1 or x is not 7 and x greater then equal to 8.
}else{
}

(and to make it easier on you)
input a;

Program me a text-based game where you fly a ship by typing in coordinates to fly to.

Why? Because you insulted me by claming superiority over people who try... claiming that even without any programming experience you can both associate command with action, and use higher-level logic to determine how to proceed. Or even further, in more complex programs understand where an error will occur and why.

You sound like an ambiguous person, at several points you claim that you don’t know how to do simple things, yet you claim to be able to figure out the most complex things with immense ease, strange how people think now a days.

I know I am limited, and I will admit when I am wrong, but if some unintelligent moderator by the name of Jeku comes along with his verbal diarrhea, making statements that do not pertain to the debate at hand, or attempting to sound smarter by using backdoor insults because either he
a) is too lazy to even try to defend what he is saying
b) does not know what he is talking about
c) does not know what the debate is about

Or someone tries to debate in an illogical manner (basically “I’m right you’re wrong, but I don’t know why I am right”) then it will sound like I am acting like I believe I know more. I know a lot, I retain more info then I need, but I do not know everything… I forget things, and remember them when I don’t need it… but I have never blatantly said I am smarter then you…

Jeku, who seriously needs to read my posts, will interpret anything I post as “I am smarter then you”, and will clearly make his stand on how I am NOT smarter then him, by insulting what I said in the most illogical manner.

End Run, you can make a statement of superiority, but be prepared to defend what you say.

(Why did I bring Jeku into this? Because, he knows that he needs to learn to swallow his ‘pride’ and actually debate something, and while I am talking to you about superiority, he should at least make some half-assed reply to spice up this conversation…)

(Beat That UMAN)

We all have our inner noob. Join the NJL, and have more fun!
I believe society is flawed; our notions on life, on child rearing, stem too far back to be of relevance in this day and time.
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2006 08:10
And how do they stop 7 yo from buying FPSC today? The only thing were We dont have the same opinion is that You want FPSC to be a kids toy, and I want it to be developed in a more professional way. Or at least make it a great engine for good Indie developers....

Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2006 10:28
Mr Love, wake up!

Over 50% of FPSCs target audience is 12-16 year olds, they're the ones who play games. Now, they can make them too. I'm 14 and i find it upsetting that you are ageist (sp?) too a very small minority of people who a either new to this forum or simply haven't got manners.

If you don't like 12 year olds on here then tough, what do you expect with a 12 rating on the box of FPSC. And, you're saying raise this to 15 with blood and gore? The whole point of FPSC is that its so easy to use, a bindfounded paraplegic monkey could use it; ITS BUILT FOR TEENS.

Quote: "When I see threads like Im getting an award (Film award) I think congraulations! But this thread dont belong here!"

Are you getting an award? No, its a rare and special occassion when someone in the community actually manages to achieve something; especially when its outside of FPSC. I was just sharing with you becuase i thought most of us were all friends and it would make a refreshing break from "help me" threads. The 19 or so responces in that thread proved me correct.

AE

Klick
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2006 10:32 Edited at: 7th May 2006 10:33
=.="

I noticed the structure of FPSC`s homepage to be appealing to young ones. Note the no. of exclamation marks. And I saw GarageGames to have one or two only.If FPSC were to be a serious Indie dev`s breakfast, they should have began the advert to be :

FPS Creator now available

With DB/DBPro developers working together, DB/DBPro gets.....

(Forgive me I forgot whether FPSC was created with DB or DBP)

Something like that, not like:

Design your own first person shooter games

No coding required!

Besides it`s up to the FPSC Developers to limit the age of the customers. FYI: I`m only 13 and I enjoy 17yo games such as F.E.A.R. etc. etc. etc.

I`m visioning a lock here.

Everyone was once a n00b....
Join the NJL to destroy the pros with n00by questions!!!
Paul112
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2006 12:18
Ok, i agree to an extent that the rating should be raised to allow for more gore and blood and such, but your asking a lot. TGC must make a lot of money by aiming this product strategically (sp?) at 12 year olds. Asking them to raise it would mean cutting their sales by about 50% probably.

I am only 15, but raising the rating to 16+ wont however, cut down the amount of 12 year olds on the forums. They'll get their parents to buy it. Heck, i've got FEAR, but the rating didn't deter me.

It would be nice if they made a version of FPSC rated 16+ aswell as the 12+ one, but sales of the 12+ one would drop as kids would consider it poor quality compared to the 16+ one that they want.

Basically, its a 12+ product. Just because some adults bought it doesn't mean it should be an adult program. It was designed for kids, and is for kids.

Fujitsu-Siemens "Scaleo-P" with Windows XP OS, Pentium 4, 3.2GHz Processor, 512MB RAM, and a 128MB ATI RADEON X300 Graphics card.
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2006 12:48
Avenging Eagle:
"Over 50% of FPSCs target audience is 12-16 year olds."

Where did You get theese numbers from? Im not sure they are correct. You are right (lol!) FPSC can be used by a monkey, and thats what I want to change. I want FPSC to be developed in a way towards UnrealEd and other pro editors. I know it wont go that far but at least a little bit closer! Most people that play games today is from 10-25 (I dont know where You got Your numbers from.) Remember this is not only about FPSC this is also about the forum, I like the kids here (Thats not the problem.) the big problem is that many of them forgets that this is a FPSC Forum and not a Hot line Chat Site! And about that prize, No I dont think that there are many people that wins Filmprizes here! But maybe there are alot of people here that wins other competitions like in sports, talent prizes and so on. How can You be so sure that nowone here wins any prizes? Do You think We people here are to stupied or to lazy? Maybe it is so simple that people here dont need to show their Golf prizes here couse this is a FPSC Forum and they dont belong here! I was pretty sure it was 13+ on the box, now when I see it is 12+ I even more belive in a change!

ANGELCOMMAND:
"No coding required!"

No coding required dosnt mean this is a toy for kids. FPSC is made in Darkbasic but it dosnt mean that FPSC isnt a freestanding product. I am pretty sure that LEE didnt want a kindergarten here at TGC as it is today...

By the way there are one idea that can make everybody happy, and that wourld be if TGC will release a FPSC Professional. and make it more like UnrealEd but not as complicated. I think that many, many gamedevelopers today shourld use sutch an engine! It shourld have enemys with great AI save & load, better speed and support for big maps made in World Builder. If they wourld make sutch an engine I think they shourld remove the segment system for own modelling! I wourld gladly pay 150 Euro for this, and I know many others that also wourld... This wourld really solve all the problems that is here today! If FPSC Professional wourld be a reality I think most of the older FPSC owners wourld upgrade, and the younger can play with there toy in peace!

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2006 13:44
Quote: "I am pretty sure that LEE didnt want a kindergarten here at TGC as it is today"

Not really Lee's concearn, Rick is the marketing guy, and as a marketing guy he needs to sell FPSC to anyone that wants it.

Really, if your 16 and want FPSC to do more, that's when you should consider expanding your skills into DBPro. As for the more imature posts here, well we do have to show some tolerance because these posts aren't offensive. Kids today , they're more interested in creating stuff and environments in games than they used to be - in my book that's a good thing, and FPSC provides a lot of 'creation'.

I doubt that TGC would consider a FPSC pro, not in it's current form, put this way:
* FPSC uses ODE physics and hard coded AI functions and an internal script system.
* DBPro has industry standard LUA scripting, advanced particle effects, a physics engine with cloth tearing among other things, lip sync'ing, advanced terrain, and an advanced AI plugin too.

Granted if you wanted all these plugins it would cost, but still cheaper than any other engine that could do all that. The way I see it, if another FPSC style product was made, it would be very far removed from the existing FPSC. People prepared to learn have this stuff available, and despite the complexity of the FPSC engine source, actually loading and running around an FPSC level without enemies and effects is real simple. If people need more advanced AI and effects, then they really should consider expanding their developments and giving themselves total control.

Aegrescit medendo
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2006 14:12
Youre right! Now I will make FPSM Professional, The tools exist here at TGC!

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2006 16:53
The bottom line is TGC is not going to change the age at which they sell FPSC.It doesn't make good business sense and parents would just buy it for their kids anyway.
It is the parents' responsibility to raise their kid and they should take responsibility for their children's actions.
I am sick of hearing congress and everybody else blame video games,rock and roll,etc. for kids' behavior.
As far as acting immature almost all of us have posted something immature at one point in time or another.

FLa
Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2006 17:07
mr love, in how i like you, your cool but your wasteing bandwidth with this thread

http://ninjasoftforum.proboards107.com
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 7th May 2006 17:23
@Mr Love,

Not knowing your age, and just from reading some of your threads here, I would have guessed that you were no more than 12. The fact that you started this thread proves that your maturity is somewhere in that range, no matter what your actual age.

I don't normally jump on anyone in this forum unless they are acting out in a mean way toward another member. As of late, I have seen the members here starting to work better together and try to make something of this so called circus.

I would ask you to do what others have already mentioned here; move up to DBPro and the big boy forum, however it is obvious you would never make it there. Your best hope is to try and be mature enough to continue on in this forum, and try to get along.

Anyone who has been here for any amount of time already knows what this is about. Get over it and move on.

Crazy Grandpa
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2006 17:39
Mr Love, I'm sorry to say so, but we really need to stop beating this dead horse over and over again. You're actually not helping to solve the problem, but your just adding to it.

If we now all start to point these kids in the right direction, by showing them how to behave on a forum and teach them read the manual first and browse the forum before asking, instead of flaming them and each other, this place may actually become much more pleasant to visit.

Having said this, I must say that lately some mods have taken charge a bit more, they seemed to have banned or put some people under censorship and that is a great help already.

It looks like this place is lowly turning around.

http://www.gamefun4u.nl/index.html
GameFun4U, the ultimate funtainment. Cool Games and Resources for your own games.
flashing snall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2006 20:23
i frankly disagree

dont assume cause ull make an ass out of you and me!
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2006 20:36
flashing,
It's okay to disagree but would you please tell us why you disagree.
I think your opinion is important.I just would like some more insight.
I do have to point out that some people will not read the manual and search before they ask a question.It is just easier to answer the question.

FLa
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2006 20:37
if dark AI and srakphysics is implemented into FPSC, that would be so awesome...

as for kids, this program is for kids, the FPSC pro is Dark basic.

BIG computer geek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2006 21:05
no higher age restrictions

no noobs, frauds, copiers etc.

The 'Ghastly Panic' Is in production as 'Version 2'

flashing snall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2006 21:25
i disagree because not of us are ***wipes. And personly, i dont think that all the scum on these forums are under 16. It looks to me that a unger person will ask a stupid question, that has been asked a billion times, without searching for the answer, and he will get flamed for it. Thats annoying, but then older people go and make it worse by posting a billion threads on how these forums have taken a turn for the worse, and that the mods should go and become super police and lock every thread that has been posted and ban people who who just want to learn! those acusing threads clutter up the forum pages. So, I quess that unger people cause the bigger problem, but you could easily fix it by having a sticky FAG thread, so unger people dont ask the questions. Aslo, im kinda pissed at the people who call eachother noob names, and yell at now people. every one was a noob, if you yell at them, all thell do is get mad and retallieat with guns! hehe. but if you teach them, tell them nicly, help them, and tell them not to do it again, I can almost garentee you, this thread would not be existent.

dont assume cause ull make an ass out of you and me!
BIG computer geek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2006 21:31
THATS RIGHT BABY

exuse me please

The 'Ghastly Panic' Is in production as 'Version 2'

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2006 21:42
This thread should be non-existant.

FLa
Evil Star
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2006 22:25
I concur with the above poster, wipe this thread of the face of the internet!

Keyboard not found!
Press any key to continue
K Jah
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2006 23:04
The internet has a face?! OMG Windows is going to kill us all! It's a sign of the appocolypse, run for you god damn lives!

Excuse me. Sorry.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2006 23:09
Too much medication?...lol.
Windows is the Devil's work.

FLa
Lucifer
Years of Service
User Offline
mrs love, you and your posts, oh how much junk!

Quote: "and thats what I want to change"

well good for you! and that is something you wont be able to change, you see, i belive that tgc© doesnt care about the customers age, it cares if people buy it and like it. so i dont actually think they will change the age limit to 16 JUST because you and some other boneheads want it. they probably wont because the game creators© are a company, and just like any other company, they want to see some proffit. and you do realise that fpsc was made for kids.

juice is made from oranges....

http://whatishl.ytmnd.com/ so friggin funny!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
op89x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2006 23:31
Alright, and here I go:

Sure, people win awards. It's great that we can hear about it. I just won a leadership award for being the Editor-in-Chief of my school's newspaper, and I won a $5,000 poetry contest the other day.

You don't have to raise the rating to get your blood and gore into your game. Just make your own stuff and put it in, and stop relying on stock media so much.

I think we should all be concerned with the maturity level of our users, not the age.

Avaric Entertainment
Team Leader/Lead Developer
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2006 00:25
Age and maturity have nothing to do with each other.I read posts from 12 and 12 year olds that have more maturity than some 35 year olds around here.
TGC wants to make money.Bottom line.It's great we can discuss our personal opinions here but it makes no difference.TGC is going to keep doing whatever they are doing.We have all been immature at some point or other in time.We need to show a little more understanding toward our fellow forum members.
Quote:
"I think we should all be concerned with the maturity level of our users, not the age."
Well said.

FLa
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2006 01:29
12 and 12 year olds that have more maturity than some 35 year olds around here.

That is assuming that liz biz is actually 35...
How's your daughter liz?

Mr. Love...
I hate to down a potential programmer, but I seriously doubt that you could take on such a task. Even the simplest 'menu extreme' seems to be having issues on your end... and unlike what I have made (VERY uncompatable with u6...) yours is just a fixed loader. There is no external script to be parsed in, you mearly change a few string values, and compile.

What is the problem?

I believe society is flawed; our notions on life, on child rearing, stem too far back to be of relevance in this day and time.
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2006 04:11
Hey OnePost! That was a joke (FPS Maker Pro.) But I will need something like FPSMP and If I use the FPSC source code I can build the game engine that I need to make real professional games! I cant sell it ofcourse (the engine), but maybe TGC wourld be intrested in My work. Who knows? Pallmanni is a good exampel why I want this 16 year old limit! The Guys that claim that they are so very mature here, seems to be the ones that dont even knows what the word means! I wourld like to say that it is NOT mature to have a Jackass sign when You push the VIEW button, and thats why I want people like You out of here! But sadly that wont happen couse FPSC makes big bucks on the kindergarten kids! So thats why this thread is no longer relevant...
Dear Mods can You please close this thread! We are out of bounds...

Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2006 04:14
Lock this thread please...

Gam3r
Years of Service
User Offline
hey i know the neame of another childish post
"Change minimum age to 16 to buy FPS Creator" sorry but complaining threads irritate me too

my forum-http://gamersground.net/forum/index.php
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2006 04:44
That was NOT mature!!!

Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2006 05:08
Mr love... we agree on one thing, the maturity level of these forums is at an all time low. But I disagree that only letting in older people will make it more mature.

What baby do you know who tells his father 'F you papa, I poop here'. What 3 year old says 'I piss on ya mama's grave' what 5 year old can even type 'jack ass'.

Now what 14 yearold do you know who is using a plagurized image he got off the net... yes...

The only direction to shift the age limit, is down. And their posts would be so much better... Me go Poopie! My sister got no weewee... Why is the sky blue. Instead of

'F you, go read the manual you noob'

No, harsher moderation is what we need... and we will hopefully get... MAN flashback... did Vanbeck once say that Rich would never make any of us mods? And I replied, mabey not me, my history is unstable, but what about uman?

But back to the matter, dictatorship... we need... THE WAVE!

Klick
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2006 06:07
Nice Merranvo

Everyone was once a n00b....
Join the NJL to destroy the pros with n00by questions!!!
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2006 06:25
I think that we as a community should take these young people (refering to mentality) and help them further their knowledge of FPSC. no don't get me wrong we should not lead them but mentor them. We can sit here and complain all day long (I have done my fair share of complaining) but in the end actions speak louder than words. As far as making a age limitation to use the software....well that is a bit insane considering these youngsters are the gaming comunities future. I say stop hording the information that you have and start spreading the wealth, educating people is the best way to sustain growth. hold it away from them and you garnish would be talent from the world. As VanB pointed out in a previouse thread we are a community left to our own devices, very little intereaction (though more has been seen as of late) between the MODS and the FPSC user. There are plenty of people here who have some great talent with modeling, level design and general gee wiz information. everyone should try and tap in to this wealth of knowledge.

RF

"I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter."
-- Winston Churchill
ReNZor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2006 13:05
I'm 50% agree with Mr Love

My opinion, 13 yr old kids may get the software cos its fun to play with. But maybe extra rules on the forum. Maybe a kids square?
The only thing that pisses me off a little are all those fake companies.

Kids of 13 can afford games of 55 bux (or more), so they can afford fpsc.
I don't think that 50 bux is too much for fpsc.

because:
If you buy a game
- You pay 55 bux or even more
- You complete the game within 6 hours
- You put it away

If you buy FPSC
- You pay 50 bux
- You create a game, spending hours of work
- You play and share the game
- You create another game

and so on..
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2006 14:21
Kids' square...We've been through this.It is not the age of the forum member.It is the maturity level.If we group people by age that could be discriminatory.Just because I am 38 I don't want to be forced to post in the Ancient Forum....lol.If someone gets too far out of line they get noob slapped by the mods.
Some young people get this software and use it.I think it is unfair to group all people in the same age group together and say they act a certain way.That is sterotyping.Since some of the older forum members act like children that seems to throw the theory that started this thread out of the window.
We need to deal with forum members on a case-by-case basis.You guys are trying to take the easy way out.Trying to restrict a certain age group is not the solution.We as a forum need to act properly.
One other thing:Expecting children to act like adults all of the time is illogical.We as adults can't act like adults all of the time.
Let me ask you a question:
Who gave any of us the right (or the wisdom for that matter) to decide what age people should or shouldn't be allowed to use the product or post on these forums?
Age discrimination will not clean up our forums.It will only make things worse.Working together to make the forums a better place and treating each other with courtesy will help.
The bottom line is this is just another one of those threads that are a waste of time.It has accomplished nothing and in the end will make no difference to anyone nor affect anything.
While I am sure the original poster had good intentions it is time for this thread to die.My suggestion is if you want the age restrictions on the product or in the forums then you can e-mail TGC.As far as our younger forum members showing maturity they have been mature enough not to post on this thread and flame some of you who are saying they don't belong.

FLa
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 8th May 2006 18:25 Edited at: 8th May 2006 18:27
I don't mean to drag this out any further, but to share with you something I have noticed which may be usefull.

When someone asks what is perceived by some to be a stupid question, or makes a stupid comment, the thread will normally flow in one of the following two directions:

1. Someone responds with a flame and the thread quickly turns into a war, normally being dragged out and dragging other non-related issues in with it, causing more stupid remarks, etc...etc....

2. Someone takes a moment to answer the question properly, the person who asked thanks him or her, and the thread is dropped. Sometimes, other who see that this person was helped, will chime in with thier answers and knowledge as well.

This is not always the case, but the majority of the time it holds true.

We waste so much time and energy to NOT answer a question, it's pathetic.

Just a thought.

Crazy Grandpa
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2006 19:00
Locking this, as I think everyones had the chance to express their opinion. Sometimes gripe threads can help clear the air somewhat. Like I noticed today that this board is actually looking quite neat, mostly relevant topics on page 1 for a change - things are improving here, it'll just take time.

Aegrescit medendo

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 15:22:51
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 15:22:51