Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Light problems

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2006 12:31 Edited at: 7th May 2006 12:31
Hi, i don't know if this goes here in this forum but i didn't know where esle to put it, anyway my problem is when i make a game and i want to use lights for good effects, i make the whole light of the map pitch black by going to the build menu and setting it to 0, but when i test the game everywhere is completely lit up, and i know its not because the light range of the lightbulb thing is too big cos i can tell that it is tiny, 100 units, so can any one tell me how to fix it please

BLACK TOWER
Black Tower
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello...anyone?

BLACK TOWER
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2006 21:12 Edited at: 12th May 2006 21:18
Build game and test game are two completely different things.
You will have to go to the Languagebank folder.The mygame folder is in there and you have to adjust the light in the setup.fpi file.
I highly recommend that you make a copy of the setup.fpi file before you alter it.
When you open up the setup.fpi file via Notepad or FPI Maker you will notice it looks similar to the setup in build game so you should not have any trouble adjust your lighting in the setup.fpi file.

P.S. Please don't double post like that.It shows impatience and invites flaming.Someone will answer your post sooner or later.
I think you have been around long enough to know better.
I am not getting onto you.I am trying to save you the aggravation that you will recieve when others see this.
It might anger some people as it appears that you expect everyone to drop what they are doing and help you immediately.I am sure that was not your intention but that may be how it comes across.

FLa
Where you can find my demo:http://www.savefile.com/files/6970524
Black Tower
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks i has returned, i will try that

p.s. no, ididn't mean to make people angry, its just that all my other posts usually get replied within a day, so when i had waited 3 days i foung it a bit stange so i posted again

thanks again

BLACK TOWER
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2006 18:00
No problem.Like I said I wan't meaning to get onto you.I just didn't want to see you get flamed.

FLa
Where you can find my demo:http://www.savefile.com/files/6970524

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 17:29:33
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 17:29:33