Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / A.I. Scripts & Entity Characters..

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2006 01:17
Hi All,

I was just wondering if anybody else has noticed that if you put say
3 enemies in a room along with your player entity ofcourse... I've noticed that when my character comes near them that only 2 enemies at a given time come after the player?!? The third enemie character just stands there idle until one of the other enemy characters is destroyed... Then that third character then becomes active and chases the player.. I was wanting to put at least 4 enemies in a science lab for when the player enters the room. And was hoping that all 4 enemies would come after the player. but only 2 enemies at a given time come after the player. I've made this test sevral times now, And it's always the same amount everytime.. Is this pre-set in FPSC to only allow 2 at a given time?!?? Or is there another way to allow more enemies to come after the player? Just thought I would ask to see if anybody else has noticed this before, And if so, Is there an answer to the problem? Thank's Guys...

Best Regards,

DoctorWho...
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2006 01:29
try giving the enemys different AAI scripts...sometimes entitys "Lose" theire data between eachother.

Doom
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2006 01:50
Yes they do indeed, what i do is turn their view cone angle and what not up high and put on player/chase.fpi script. they will no matter what chase your player. the ai will act alot like they do in the retail game Time Splitters 2 and 3. they usually dont attack unless they are a certain distance away either, so keep that in mind (unless Sniper).
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2006 04:07
and thanx to conner+rnd(50) turn off physics.

We all have our inner noob. Join the NJL, and have more fun!
I believe society is flawed; our notions on life, on child rearing, stem too far back to be of relevance in this day and time.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 15:22:46
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 15:22:46