Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Creating Lightmaps Problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have the same problem, every time I want to test the game or even if I build the game, it freezes in "Creating Lightmaps" phase.
I have selected quick light mapping, no shader effects, medium or low textures, and it keeps freezing.
I didn't have this problem before; just when I add some more lights to my game. But that sucks! I really need those lights and I don't wannna get rid of them.
I Have a decent PC, I may say, it's a Pentium 4 680 (64 bits - 3.0GHZ), 1GB DDR2 PC400 RAM, GeForce 6600 256MB.
Please Help me !!!!
randbo
Years of Service
User Offline
that lightmap adds a TON of time both in creating lightmap AND in initializing physics.
i had very good lighting in my tutorial i am releasing in a couple of days and it took 8 1/2 minutes to load.
the no light option too 2min 45 sec to load.
i culled about 2/3 of the lights out of it and it doesnt look nearly as good, but it loads in 5 minutes.
sucks.
lighting adds alot of comp time each time you want to run your level.
IvAn
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok, thanx for the reply. I'll wait for your tutorial, but in the meanwhile what do you recommend me?
Or is there anyone else who can help me?

I left my PC all night (last night) and it didn't advanced anything, It just won't compile the "creating Lightmaps" phase.
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2006 02:36 Edited at: 9th May 2006 02:37
Quote: "in initializing physics."

5 second message that is only about copying values.

Quote: "i had very good lighting in my tutorial i am releasing in a couple of days and it took 8 1/2 minutes to load."

Can you tell me your specs... lighting shouldn't take more then 2.5 aditional min. [5 for rendering] on a decent 1.8GHz [well, I don't know the specs for Sempron, if any].
Unless you use horibly large lights... and that won't create 'good' light mapping. It actually looks bad when you light up an entire room with one light... enough so that it would sometimes be better to just go with no light mapping. Using multiple lights in a single room is how you are 'suppose' to light map. And small lights...

Ivan.
Zeroth, delete the folder levelbank in the files directory in the fpsc direcory.

First, compile a level with a single lightbulb. just one. this tells us if you have compiler issues, or level issues.

Second, compile a map with 50 light bulbs... this is not a random number, it is, in fact, half of the maximum number of lights allowed in FPSC [haven't 'fully' tested dynamic or dynamic static mix].

Third, if both work... try splitting your map in 2...

We all have our inner noob. Join the NJL, and have more fun!
I believe society is flawed; our notions on life, on child rearing, stem too far back to be of relevance in this day and time.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 15:26:54
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 15:26:54