Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Rumors, rants, and tumors

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2006 10:16
Hey gang,

Everybody is talking about Riker 9, menu-masters, the model packs, etc. BUT what about the update on V1 we're supposed to get? But for real man. I wish somebody like Lee can give us a little bit of a progress report on it, or somebody say something about it. All Im hearing is Riker 9 this, Riker 9 that, model this 'n' that. What about the update? Im not trying to be negative or complain or anything, just anxious. Pardon me, while I go smoke on it to calm myself down.

Straight outta compton
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2006 10:29
First of all let me tell you that if you had read the May newsletter you would have gotten your update.
Secondly,V1 just came out in Jan/Feb.Updates take time.
Don't let it get to you.There will eventually be an update.
You are not alone.Good things come to those who wait.

FLa
Where you can find my demo:http://www.savefile.com/files/6970524
Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2006 11:32
Agreed with I has returned.

Except V1 came out in November, but that's irrelevant. Even though that adds to the time it has been released, you have to remember that DBP needs to be updated to a completely solid level before meaningful updates could be made. Remember that.

Evil has a new name. Demo out now!
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2006 13:41 Edited at: 8th May 2006 13:42
Give TGC around 12 months for an update. They have said this year and we should expect it to mean that if we are lucky - around the end of the year - perhaps. Thats of course if everything goes well with their other developments in the interim. Any suggested upadte release date is flexible and we can expect TGC not to be held to one so it could take longer.

Hopefully the wait will be worth it - fixing some bugs if nothing else - dont expect too much.

If you want major FPSC engine improvements or features we may have to wait for a V2 proper if that happens in future.

Its all a long haul and we have to learn to pace ourselves for it whilst we keep taking the pills to ward off the rumors rants, and tumors.

If we are lucky TGC may take pity on us and release some information to alleviate the stress - later.

TheDude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2006 13:09
*sigh*, oh well better make my game now, no time to wait. By the time, or if there is time, V2 comes out there will already be better technology in the industry.

Also,

Quote: " fixing some bugs if nothing else "

There's always room for MORE bugs, dont give your hopes up.

Straight outta compton
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2006 23:35
Quote: "By the time, or if there is time, V2 comes out there will already be better technology in the industry."

Uhh... that would be the SOURCE engine... [i think]

We all have our inner noob. Join the NJL, and have more fun!
I believe society is flawed; our notions on life, on child rearing, stem too far back to be of relevance in this day and time.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 15:22:28
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 15:22:28