Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / 3d model problems :(

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2003 19:42
ARG! I'm so annoyed with DBPro now! I load a model I made in 3dmax5 with phyique and animated it but for some stupid reason the model rotates 90 degrees and does absolutly nothing . Its just stupid that dbpro can't load this simple model (cause it worked with a model i downloaded with physique applied to it). I'm not sure if its patch 4 or just the way the model was made but it is damn annoying.

I really would appreciate some help cause this is the only problem (apart from the math) thats keeping me from completing the game that i'm making.

Cheers
Once you start down the Dark Path, forever will it dominate your destiny...
Simple
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2003 20:37
I suggest you use CharacterFX ..... it works perfect with DBpro. In fact it gets on with DBpro so well, GuyS ( RGT ) has partnered up with the CharacterFX team and will be supplying CharacterFX for FREE with every copy of DBpro.

But I guess that doesn't solve your problem with Max At least you know of different software which will work fine with DBpro

Spec - AMD Athlon 1000mhz - 256mb DDR - Gforce2mx 400 TV out - 60gb HD - 19" Compaq - DVD rom
Chenak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2003 21:53
Ive got CFX but i cant figure out how to get the weights to work Does anyone know how to get the weights to work?

Simple
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2003 22:47
Try this tutorial by PSI

http://xu1productions.com/3dstudio/tuts/zbones.html

What I normally do is >> setup your bone structure........ then assign your mesh to the joints FULLY WEIGHTED.

Then for example >>

select an elbow joint ( and the forearm verts should get highlighted white with a green square around them because those verts should be assigned to that joint )... then select some of the verts just pasted the elbow joint ( upper arm ) and change the weights by right clicking on the VERTEX ASSIGNMENTS tool ( looks like 2 lines with a few scattered squares around it )

Then just choose your weights accordingly

Spec - AMD Athlon 1000mhz - 256mb DDR - Gforce2mx 400 TV out - 60gb HD - 19" Compaq - DVD rom
Chenak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2003 23:33
Thanks My model is nearly completely weighted and works with DBPro, brilliant!

Thanks again

PiratSS
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah,

I could benifit from that tutorial.

Thanks.

Cheers.

1PH J00 C4|\| U|\|dER$T@|\||) +|-|I$, j00 |-|@\/3 4lR3Ady w0|\|! - p1r@T$$
Simple
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2003 00:32
No worries

Here's another tutorial from PSI ....... this may help you with the animation process.

http://xu1productions.com/3dstudio/tuts/zanim.html

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 00:56:51
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 00:56:51