Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / How do you burn your game on a CD?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Im serious I have been working on this for several weeks and I have wasted many many CDs. Can anyone help me? I have no clue how to do this!
Billwaa
Years of Service
User Offline
what do you mean how? What format you want? Installer style? The actually game?

If you want installer, use this, free http://www.clickteam.com/English/install_creator.htm

To burn it on a disc, use the default Window XP burner thing. Copy files, go to my computer, your CD burner drive, paste file in that drive temp folder, click burn files into cd from left side.
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2006 03:21
Whines... okay, FPS Pack... FPSC can NOT run off of a non-writeable surface [and CD-R is still non-writeable in real time sense]. As it unzips levelfiles in folders and crap...

We all have our inner noob. Join the NJL, and have more fun!
I believe society is flawed; our notions on life, on child rearing, stem too far back to be of relevance in this day and time.
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2006 03:22 Edited at: 10th May 2006 03:28
Use Memorex CD-RWs.That's what I use.

FLa
Where you can find my demo:http://www.savefile.com/files/6970524
Lizblizz
Years of Service
User Offline
Nero exsperece that works great you can do more than one

Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2006 21:47
@I has returned REAL TIME, you can't write a file to a CD in real time. The burning process takes too long, and ontop of that, you need to activate a burning program to actually burn. It needs to be copied to the hard drive, OR have the software rewritten to unzip the levels to the harddrive OR load them to ram OR incorporate burning software into the program.

We all have our inner noob. Join the NJL, and have more fun!
I believe society is flawed; our notions on life, on child rearing, stem too far back to be of relevance in this day and time.
Essal
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2006 23:12
Just make an Installer, with Install Creator, and Burn that on the Disc,

Killer Snails are Good-------------------
Doom
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2006 03:30
@Onepost
Yes you can do it live. use windows burner.

kilo
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok I have Installer but I have no idea how to use it it looks like a bunce of info to me.
kilo
Years of Service
User Offline
@Doom
Yes but isnt windows burner a audio burner for audio cds
Lizblizz
Years of Service
User Offline
ive done it with nero startsmart somethin like that works fine but not always

kilo
Years of Service
User Offline
@Sexy Chick How do you use Nero StartSmart I got it but do i use video or audio or dvd or.... ect. I dont understand how to use it.
300 win mag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2006 06:14
just copy the files on a cd and burn them on it

Remaking Soul Survivor because compture crashed
Lizblizz
Years of Service
User Offline
ok Kilo you can do so much with that thing!!! if you have the one im talking about it should pop up when u start it a lil red box wit pics of the options if it has 2 little people on the bottom click them and it will show more options! then look for Data Disk then clik it then a window will pop up then look for your game and the click add or click and drag (much easier) then click start burn then windows will pop up to confirm information about disk then make sure its on write only then start to burn!!!

Warning becarful cause if you do it unpationtly the rom will heat up and will break so be pationt also...some times it dosent work and sometimes it SAYS COMPLETE SUCCECFUL but some times dosent work k

Hope this help

-Liz

jaba
Years of Service
User Offline
theres many different types of disc's, theres dvd disc's to burn dvds and cd discs to burn mp3 or media formats, then theres information disc's that can hold alot og space for any thing you need, if you just move the files or copy them to the either disc there just read as files and can be opend to run, OR you can use a certain kind of disc that ALLOWS certain files to be burned onto it then when you pop the disc inside it runs automaticly when the files are automatilcy opend and read.

Thats my guess its just im sure theres certain formats that arent allowed to be burned on certain disc's but only placed there not burned, theres a difference in burning and just placing files on a disc.

MayNeed to Grimsom things up a lil
Burianu
Years of Service
User Offline
Its really easy, just use maxell cds. Put one in the disc drive and choose open using windows explorer or somthing. Open my computer/TGC/MyGames and copy onto the cd and choose copy these files to cd

Im Burianu.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 17:24:10
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 17:24:10