Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Waypoints and Characters

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello
Im new to fpsc and im creating a game

And i know how to make waypoint and connect them but how you ad a character to the waypoint

Well hope fo repay soon ^^
ty!
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2006 01:11
I believe you put the character on the starting point of the waypoint and then right click on it and change the main script to follow.fpi.I haven't messed with waypoints in a while so I might be wrong though.

FLa
Where you can find my demo:http://www.savefile.com/files/6970524
Duke Blue Devils
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2006 01:25 Edited at: 11th May 2006 01:25
I has returned is correct but you can also use pace.fpi if you want your character to react when either shot or in sight of the player.

Visit the official Chicago Rush website
http://chicagorush.servegame.com/index.php
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2006 01:51 Edited at: 11th May 2006 01:52
Yes thats basically it.

If you open any .fpi file in notepad then you will find that they have a description at the top as to what the script does so you can look through them and see which ones have pathfinding instructions as well as other character behaviours attached.

Remeber however to be careful if you open any script files and do not change anything in scripts unless you know what you are doing and have made backups - You make backups dont you?

If its of any use to note for future reference - and this may be already known - I recently disovered that characters with waypoint instructions attached will in fact walk some distance freely to the start node of a waypoint before following a path so the start point need not be at their feet - though always recommended unless this could be used to advantage in any given scenario. Of course for them to do so they have to have a direct line of sight and will walk in a straight line to any start node so obstacles are a no go, in such situations.

Duke Blue Devils
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks uman good to know.

Visit the official Chicago Rush website
http://chicagorush.servegame.com/index.php
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2006 02:01
Your more than welcome