Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Portal System

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2006 18:00
Why the fpsc portal sistem rendenize the next roomwhen the door are closed? check it out... run you fpsgame in test mode aond press { or }
It will show what room are being rendenized... and it render only the rooms in your sight... like trhought an window... but i wanna know why it render the next room trhought a closed door?!
Please help!

Sorry for my bad inglish!
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2006 19:50 Edited at: 11th May 2006 19:51
Wouldn't we all?

Its not only FPSC that has such problems - it has been the case with numerous other engines - still is I guess.

I used Lithtech at one time - that had a very good zone system to divide levels up into engine managed rendering zones.

There are some tips around about how to best avoid the probs with doors and windows in FPSC relating to the compiler/engine rendring beyond them.

It not rocket science really you just have to use placement of them wisely. i.e. in areas of high poly counts when using doors try and place a view blocker wall/corridor behind them before a turn to a second door to take you to the next area.

That dont always work as FPSC sometimes renders erratically as so described leaks occur - experience using the software and its quirks will help a great deal here.

But to answer your question - doors are not designed to do so, apparently - why?

Well only the engine developers know the exact answer or reason for that I presume.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 17:24:57
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 17:24:57