Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] TGC!!!! you scandles!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2006 20:13 Edited at: 14th May 2006 20:14
Now that i look at the cover of the disk that was sent me some time ago ive looked over it and decided you should change it.
here are my reasons

1. its very misleading, almost false advertisement
2.the colonel x is holding 2 guns which is impossibe as of yea
3.the explosion, it is like impossible to make them look that nice, even with the particle pack.
4.the terrian. nuff said, if im not mistaken even a mod said terrian was impossible, well working terrian.
5.the quality, lets face it, it doesnt look that good in the actual product
6. if im not mistaken, the wall *scifi one* isnt just bumpped its an object look at it, its a static enemy, and why use custom materials to show what comes WITH THE PRODUCT?
7. facial expressions on the colonel x. i wasnt aware it changed while shooting.
8. the background more 3d objects not comming with the product, why do a custom object in somthing your trying to sell to show what you can make in it and not include it?
9. the picture above the "NOW PLAY YOUR GAME" is having a colonel x and a conker shooting at each other...custom scripts or custom models?
10. when right clicking on an object light maps dont show *shown in customise the behaviour of the enemies" atleast if im not mistaken, also tgc is making it look like the body is an enemy. mis leading as heck.

there are 10 good reasons why the boxxed version should be changed.

but last but not least

Please tgc do not get mad at me for posting this, its just bothering me!

http://ninjasoftforum.proboards107.com
Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
I totally agree! It IS false advertising showing people impossible things, thus they think: WOW MY GAMES GONNA BE AWESOME COS IT CAN DO <such and such displayed on cover>
It IS VERY misleading indeed, and I think of the cover as a scham in itself. As bloodeath stated, please do not be mad, it is also bothering me.

Tom

x1b
Years of Service
User Offline
..sir..the peasants are reveloting..

Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2006 20:29
peasents you should be the one to talk, do not post in this thread unless you are agreeing or starting an intelligent conversation, you are not wanted on this topic your going to make whitty pointless comments

Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
I agree with bloodeath. Don't intervene.

Tom

Aoneweb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2006 20:32
Like the holiday brochures, come to Spain for you holiday, and stay in our fantastic hotel, which has sea views, you get there, the lights are hanging off the wall, there is a dead dog in the street for over a week, and the food sucked, none of that was in the brochure, very misleading, but that’s life.

Game resource forum and arcade, click sig.
Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2006 20:34
aoneweb omg you live in tucson crazy i live an hour away from you

Sierra vista...represent lmfao jk.
i didnt know that wow, its a small world

and yes life is but still, i dont appreciate them leading us through false advertisement, if they are going to make a good cover it should be truthful
because think of how many people got depressed from the mis leading information after they started tamporing with it.
i think thats why get so many newbs who think fpsc is perfect and sh**

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2006 20:38 Edited at: 14th May 2006 20:39
Does the hamburger you get at a fast food restaurant look like thew one in the picture of the menu?

NO!

Now, look at that cover even closer....
What does it say?

"Make your own first person shooter games."

You can do that with it.
Nothing false about that at all.

It does not say "Make your own first person shooter that looks exactly like this."

The picture is an artist conception of the diversity of games you may decide to make.
See how one side is WW2 and the other side is Sci-Fi.
The explosion was probably for a brighter background for the Title, and used to seam the two sides.

Don't forget to visit Conjured Entertainment
Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2006 20:41
i understand that your trying to say you cant do anything about it
but they can atleast make it look a little more leading
to what your gonna make
il make my own fpsc box art lmfao

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2006 20:45
I think the models represented on the box are fine examples of the included media.

That wasn't a sceenshot, nor was it represented as such.
Most people can tell it is not.

Aoneweb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2006 20:45
Quote: " aoneweb omg you live in tucson crazy i live an hour away from you"

Small world, nice to see another member from AZ.

Game resource forum and arcade, click sig.
Lucifer
Years of Service
User Offline
ZZZzzzzZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz

juice is made from oranges....

http://whatishl.ytmnd.com/ so friggin funny!
Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2006 20:49
Pall you are not welcomed on this topic please leave if you are just going to spam us
thank you
bye

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2006 20:50 Edited at: 14th May 2006 20:53
Quote: "TGC!!!! you scandles!"

I also think that your title for this thread is unacceptable.
Did you mean "scoundrels", or are you saying they are "scandalous"?

Quote: "Please tgc do not get mad at me for posting this, its just bothering me!"

With a title like this thread has, that request is a joke.

[ic:lock]

flashing snall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2006 20:53
Bloodeath! I MUST SAY, your a moron. my personal opion is that they got a picture of it, and i dont think they could draw that well to how it really looks, you can et the wall thing, just with some work! ALSO, for number 9 of ur complaints, thats uin multyplayer stupid...

dont assume cause ull make an ass out of you and me!
Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2006 20:56
Okay so im wrong about 1 thing....
Quote: "I also think that your title for this thread is unacceptable.
"

why is it unacceptable i was stating my opinion and what i thought
i dont know if ment scandrals or how ever you spelt it, because i dont know what that means i ment like tgc you are sneaky, thats how i use the word scandle lol

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2006 21:00
This is stupid

Quote: "do not post in this thread unless you are agreeing or starting an intelligent conversation"

That is stupid.

What games, or products show you what it would look exactly in the actual program/game? Few, thats because the whole idea of the cover is to look attractive and professional. By these standards, Final Fantasy 8's cover is mislead because the characters show more detail and facial expressions. The front covers aren't suppose to show the content, thats what the screenshots on the back/websites/reviews/whatever are for. So stop flaming TGC and be greatful for what they have produced, if you hate it, then don't use it.

And what the dude from the 3dwmag forum said is right, a lot of the people in the FPSC section of this site are immature, which is why he never bothered posting on the forums.

So I leave with a comic book guy quote, as really this is what it makes me think of 'Worst episode ever!'

Yey! I removed the sig...
A Llama called Dalai
Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2006 21:02
im not flaming tgc im simply stating that i think theyre cover is misleading and it makes more and more hopeful people come to the forums and buy the product becasue they think theyre gonna make doom quality games, and then soon find out that theyre not, and get screwed and all depressed... i am not in any way shape or form flamming tgc

and whats so stupid becuase i would rather have people here who talk about the subject then just do

zzzzzzz and retarded as hell comments that arnt needed

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2006 21:04
Quote: "i dont know if ment scandrals or how ever you spelt it, because i dont know what that means i ment like tgc you are sneaky, thats how i use the word scandle "

Scandle is not a word.

Scandal is a word.

Scandal ... noun ...
(1) Someone or something that shocks people and causes shame or disgrace.
(2) The shame or disgrace caused by this.
(3) Talk that harms a person's reputation; wicked gossip.

This thread is a disgrace to the FPSC community, and it fits all three definitions.

There's my opinion.

JerBil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2006 21:08 Edited at: 14th May 2006 21:09
x1b's comment should be ok, even in a "serious" discussion as long
as its not overdone. If we stay exactly on course every minute, it
just begins to look mean spirited.

-JerBil

Ad Astra Per Asper
Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2006 21:11
Yes but it doesnt help when he insults on first post i can understand if he was playing but he wasnt.
okay so my word is different. there lmfao. it does not fit 3 definitions becuase its not spelt right jk, but seriously i dont not mean it like that, all i mean is that the fpscreator box should be changing to show real quality of the products you will be making

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2006 21:18 Edited at: 14th May 2006 21:22
Quote: "all i mean is that the fpscreator box should be changing to show real quality of the products you will be making"

I know what you meant, and that was a much better way of airing your complaint.
The first method was simply to harsh and less effective because it turned some readers against you.

Again, just my opinions here.

And again I think you are taking the cover's image much too literally.

Dodic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2006 21:19
Ahh....Its the cover, its not to show what you get along with the project, its just to show a related screeny that explains what FPSC is, a great rendered image in 3d studio max, for example, you`ll notice intro movies of some games to look much better then the game it self, its not the point of that cover image to show what comes a long with FPSC...

Sig. pics are only increasing the loading time of the threads, so why have them...
Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2006 21:19
not really i am not, think of how many newbs have gotten flamed asking for how to make this and how to make that, and how to get enemies with 2 guns and terrians and all that good stuff and how they get flamed, its not fun flaming a newb becuase theyre expectations were high on what they wanted to create

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2006 21:21
Quote: "Scandle is not a word.

Scandal is a word.

Scandal ... noun ... "

I hate it when people do that, people don't type on forums with 100% accurate, spelling, grammer or whatever. It is really irritating and completely unecessary.

Quote: "and whats so stupid becuase i would rather have people here who talk about the subject then just do "

The biggest paragraph is talking about the subject, showing why I disagree with your point.

Quote: "im not flaming tgc im simply stating that i think theyre cover is misleading and it makes more and more hopeful people come to the forums and buy the product becasue they think theyre gonna make doom quality games, and then soon find out that theyre not, and get screwed and all depressed..."

The reason people assume that, is because they don't think, as soon as they see something that can make 3D games, they think they can make a Doom 3 or something, when in reality, they should realise, if making doom 3 quality games that easily, then everybody would be doing it. I mean there are the same amount of people who think they'll make games even more powerful than that in Dark Basic, and Dark Basic has a simple rendered pyramid as a cover.

Quote: "and get screwed"

If they feel they got screwed, it's their own fault for being too quick to buy and not think it over.

Yey! I removed the sig...
A Llama called Dalai
Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2006 21:23
yea but even look at hte demo movie thats misleading also it makes it look absoulty great

so even if they do think it over, all the stuff they have to look at that was official tgc work, is all super end non-fpsc creations, or theyre just on a godly computer that no one can afford

Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2006 19:33
Quote: "If they feel they got screwed, it's their own fault for being too quick to buy and not think it over."

They could have just turned the box over and seen some real screen shots?

Look at the front covers of Halo, Battlefield 2, Unreal, Quake 4, Doom 3, etc. Do they look like their covers in-game? Do they bollocks.

Quote: "yea but even look at hte demo movie thats misleading also it makes it look absoulty great"

The demo movie is made up of clips from the program, and nothing else. What you see is what you get. Quite how it is 'misleading' is beyond me. Perhaps if we were showing 3D rendered animations instead of actual footage I'd agree, but we don't.

The point you are probably trying to make (at least I hope) is that (much younger) people can be swayed more by the shots, cover and videos than what the program will actually do for them. I would agree with this, it can be a problem, but isn't one easily addressed. We provide good length trial versions, open public forums and will answer questions sent to us via support. We cannot force people to use these facilities however.

Bite my shiny metal ass

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 17:25:57
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 17:25:57