Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Some helpful information

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2006 12:01
I put together some stuff I thought would be helpful.If it is not let me know and I will edit this.
Sky= this is the path to the skybank you choose
ambience= this is the light level.the red,green and blue settings allow you to adjust the colors of the light in those respecitve spectrums

the hud stuff tells FPSC what huds are displayed on the screen and where to put them.

I recommend you back up everything before you change it and you click on "build game" and see how the changes work before you change the setup files.Build game has a preview screen that will show what your choices will look like.

Notes:You may not notice any change in the ambient level of your game until you add static or dynamic lighting.

Keep dynamic lighting to a minimum.It can quickly kill the frame rate of your game.You can try full lightmapping with your game.Good luck.
Using soft lightmaps works best for me.

There are various threads that discuss in length how to change things like the skybank,lighting etc.

If you are looking for fog there is a fog script in the scripts forum and Gravematter contains fog as well.
There is no load or save function in FPSC yet.

There is a thread called "Free stuff".It is a sticky at the top of the models and media forum.Newcomers should use this as a valuable resource.

It has come up a few times that someone didn't get the manual.Whether you have just the demo or the full version you will find the manual in the The Game Creators\FPS Creator\Docs format. It is an Adobe acrobat .pdf document.There is another version of it that is more easily readable available on the forums.

If you are new to FPSC download the free entity crator from the FPSC downloads page (where you downloaded the demo from)
It has a video tutorial explaining the basics on how to create entities.

Now I am going to attempt to explain the settings when you right click on an entity.

Name:the name of the entity
Static Mode:If this is set to "Yes" then the entity is rendered as a part of the environment.All characters,weapons,ammo and anything movable has to be set to "dynamic"

AI Scripts
Start:This is the script that makes the entity appear.
Main:This is the script that defines the behavior of the entity. Static entites usually have the default.fpi script but you actually don't need a main script for static entites.

Destroy:This script defines the behavior of a dynamic entity if it is destroyed

Use Key :This is the name of a key used to unlock the door

Spawn at start Default is yes.if you plan on making things appear via trigger zones or scripting,etc. you will want to change this to no.
Texture:Some models have more than one texture available and some character,door,etc. textures are interchangable

Strength:Gives an entity a numercial value to determine how much damage it will take to estroy an entity.Does not affect static entities.0 means an object cannot be destroyed.
Is Immobileetermines whether a dynamic entity can be moved or not.If your entity is falling through the floor try setting this to yes.
Physics Onefault is yes.I have found that most of the time you should probably just turn the physics off.Exceptions would be some enemies,weapons,ammo and ABSOLUTELY anything you want to pick up and throw..crates for example.You pick up an object with the right mouse button and throw it with the left one.

I realize this is a looooong thread and most of the information is for newcomers.Keep in mind if you want to flame me I am just trying to help.I guess you can flame me if you must...
If this turns out not to be helpful then let me know and I will edit it all out.
Any suggestions,additions or comments would be helpful and appreciated.

FLa
Where you can find my demo:http://www.savefile.com/files/6970524
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2006 10:46
Well,I can see that nobody thought this was helpful.Not one post.I thought at least I would get one.
I am going to bump this thread once because I do believe this is helpful information.
If nobody cares I'll let the thread die.

FLa
MaarX
Years of Service
User Offline
Could be handfull For if anyone ever has a problem with Entities or whatever

Good Job!
Me Self
Years of Service
User Offline
I has returned , do you mind if i use that for my website i will give you credit , i am making a Fpsc guide website and i need as much help information as i need .

Also it took me about 20 mintues to read Its quite usefull and erything How long did it take you to make
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2006 11:38
Thanks.I just wanted to put together some information for people to answer some commonly asked questions.
Feel free to use the material in any way you wish.That is why it is there.
It took me a over an hour to get the information together.
I am glad I could be of some help.

FLa

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 17:27:45
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 17:27:45