Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Deleting Things

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2006 16:06
How would I go on to delete stuff I've added to my level. While I am sure this is an extremely stupid and obvious question, I can find no way at all to do that. Can someone please help me?

I like Yellow.
SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2006 16:34
Read the fu*king manual noob.

Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
I agree. Just right-click on the object and press delete, you would know that if you'd have read the manual.

Tom

Evil Star
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2006 16:41
I think he means from the library, if so, no you cannot delete stuff from the library

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 20th May 2006 18:56
@Higgins

If you think FPSC is a such waist of time,

Quote: "I wouldnt waste my money on some thing like this, while fpsc is laggy as fu*k and has a ton of over problems."

why do you come on these threads. Is it just to cuss at people and make yourself feel better?

Do us all a favor. Next time you want to feel better, go in the bathroom and play with yourself. Then we won't have to know about it. k?

Crazy Grandpa
K Jah
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2006 19:12
Lol. Higgins just got owned.

IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2006 19:33
He got more than that, and he'll get worse if it happens again.

For free Plug-ins and source code http://www.matrix1.demon.co.uk
Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
To be honest, Higgins DID get his point across, maybe even though it was a bit too strong, but things like this ARE bound to wind people up and annoy them. Think about it, if people continued asking simple questions like this day after day, pretty soon we would all be going as far and maybe even further than Higgins in putting a stop to it. Think about that-how long is Higgins banned for?

But still, although Higgins may have gone a bit too far, I don't think a ban was appropriate-a slap at the most would have done the trick here.

Tom

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2006 20:09
We do get the same questions all of the time...lol.I have noticed two things.
1. Some of the newcomers (I am really beginning to hate the word "noob") don't know where the manual is or that they actually download it with the demo/full version.There are various reasons for this.I won't go into that here.
2. The search box is at the bottom of the page.Unless you have psychic powers or happen to scroll to the bottom of the page for some reason you might not know it's there.I am alomst sure if you read the advice for newcomers thing that it tells you but that is another story.
I do not criticize TGC for where they placed the search box...a lot of forums put it there...I am just saying that it would be more convienent if it were at the top.But that is just my opinion.
Even if they know where the search box is and someone asks a question it is quicker just to answer it.If you don't,instead of searching some people will start multiple threads with the same question.
We were all new here at one point or another and I don't claim to know everything about FPSC.
I just know it is a lot easier to get along with people if you are polite.
If we want to make the FPSC forums a better place than we need to show each other a little courtesy.
This is not directed at anyone specifically so don't take it personally.
I am done raving like a lunatic so I will shut up now.

FLa
Where you can find my demo:http://www.savefile.com/files/6970524
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2006 20:27
A simple 'I suggest you read the manual' would have have gotten the point across. Or simply ignoring the post. Instead, higgins was immediately on the attack with swearing.

Not only will this kind of behaviour put off Don from ever coming back, but it puts off any other new user who reads the message.

Is this fair to new users? Who needs these forums the most? Higgins, who seems to have an axe to grind, or the many new users looking for help?

Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2006 21:22
IanM im not trying to start a fight, but im just curious why higgins got banned when ive seen people do alot worse than just that. so please dont get mad at me or nothing im just curious

http://ninjasoftforum.proboards107.com
Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
Both can remain, as long as Higgins doesn't offend further. I think you should simply allow him a second chance upon this matter, and if he offends again, then your free to ban him, or whatsoever you wish without me questioning your action.

Tom

dennisb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2006 21:46
I am a newcomer but I've used many other software packages, I've used another forum for a long time, and am quite a bit older than most people here so maybe I don't put as much flame bait up as others. But I understand many people are not as software experienced and many are very young here. I think some people are way too harsh on them. I find it troublesome and unnecessary. I think instead of curses and insults you can just point out the search feature and manual without being mean. Why do you want to scare away newcomers? Maybe someday they will be able to help you out.

I try to just ignore this stuff but some people are just going too far.

Dennis The Frogman
www.3dfrog.com
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2006 23:15
Tom,
No offense mate, but read the words on your own banner. Higgins' ban stays in place for the 4 days I set it to.

Bloodeath,
It was Dons very first post in these forums. I thought the ban was warrented because of this, and because of another post of Higgins' I saw today, both containing swearing. I won't get mad at you asking questions - I don't promise to always answer a moderation decision either.

I think that the anti-noob sentiment within these boards is shameful. The way to deal with newcomers is not to out them or swear at them - you teach them, lead them, and then they become productive.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2006 23:32
I think the ANJL banner should not be used on the forums.Just because I have been around longer than anyone else or they have been around longer than me doesn't make one better or smarter.
It's not like the banner says "Welcome to the FPSC forums".
People do not know everything and they make mistakes.Posting in the wrong forum is a mistake not a crime against humanity.
If we want these forums to be successful we need to welcome new members.They are the future of these forums.It is inevitable that some people will move on to other things.If we don't have new people joining all of the time the forums will die.
Besides,you never know what a newcomer's talent will be.He or she may pull off something amazing.
These are support forums and the support we will get for FPSC is from each other.
Like I said,ban the banner.
This is just my opinion and I did not set out to offend anyone.
Now I will shut up...again.

FLa
Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
I has returned,
Brilliantly said. Brilliantly said.
IanM,
Just because I have a banner against a league for n00bs does not mean I am actually against n00bs. I did not flame in this thread at all, merely defended Higgins, although I should not have for such a post from him was unnecessary.

Tom

Don Watermeleon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2006 03:24
Ah yes, forgive me if I've been sounding like a Noob or imature. This is, however, my first day of use on the program. I have no idea where this manual is, and right-clicking already placed objects does nothing. Also, how do I turn an object, like have chairs face the opposite direction. If this is in the manual, may someone please direct me to this manual? If it is a manual that comes with the game box, I am currently playing the Demo and would not hone that. However, this game creation system seem inspiringly awesome and I will be sure to buy it.

I like Yellow.
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2006 03:29
Don,
I know my post will show up before yours but I will be happy to answer your question.
The manual comes with the demo download and is in the folder The Game Creators\FPS Creator\Docs.It is an Adobe Acrobat .pdf document.
Let me apologize on behalf of the FPSC forums for the poor reception you got upon entering our forums.
Not everyone here acts like that.If you have any questions I or one of my more knowledgable forum members will be happy to help.
Welcome to the forums.

FLa
RastaMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2006 15:54 Edited at: 21st May 2006 15:56
The banner alone does not suggest simple freedom of speech, its more less a Hate Group banner and should be removed.

Evil Star
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2006 16:02
n00b Defender, get a sig like mine from danasoft.com or somthing

Talairina
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2006 18:03
Im with Rastaman, the banner act's like a deterrent for new comer's and frankly is a hate group. Its like the KKK of the internet world. It really is not needed nor wanted nor is post's like Higgin's did. We are meant to be a community not two diffrent groups of people... those that know of FPSC, it's abilties and uses and those that dont.

Learn and share that's what this community is about. How about we do that without the abuse and those silly banners promoting outburst's and 'hate groups'.

Tal
Amine
Years of Service
User Offline
Those who are unable to explain, curse.
it's the only thing they're good at.
Don Watermeleon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2006 20:02
I'm sorry, but can we get back on topic? I can't even find this manual. It's not on the Help button or anything. If you could tell me how to turn an object, however, I think I'd be set and not need the manual. Thank you.

I like Yellow.
Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2006 20:33 Edited at: 21st May 2006 20:43
Don Watermelon,
To rotate entities press R when it is selected. The manual shoudl be in this directory:
C:\Program Files\The Game Creators\FPS Creator\Docs\FPS Creator manual

Others,
My sig stays. Things can be misleading-just because my signature suggests I am against all n00bs, it doesn't mean that it is true. My name is n00b defender to prevent that fault of people thinking I am against all n00bs. Let's just leave it at that.

Tom

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 21st May 2006 20:38
Quote: "it does mean that it is true."

You may want to edit that. lol

Crazy Grandpa
Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah. Thanks, xplosys.

Tom

Don Watermeleon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2006 21:59
Thanks a lot, Noob Defender. Now I know every feature I'll probably use with the FPSCreator engine. I must say it is by far the easiest and most efficient FPS creation device I have used. In the past I've tried out Mark Overmars' Game Maker and some other guy's Silent Walk FPS Maker, but FPSCreator I like more.

I like Yellow.
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2006 23:37
Yeah.The manual explains a lot of things in detail and is a great help to anyone.I have had FPSC since February and I still have to consult it to find out things.It is a very handy tool,indeed.

FLa
Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
Don Watermelon,
You're welcome.

Tom

Evil Star
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2006 21:55