Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Your top ten FPSC games - Its for an INdie Games Review site ;-)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2006 14:58
Now i am currently in the middle of re-doing my site, www.shedgames.co.uk . It was originally a retail game review and preview site. But all those stuck up people didn't want to give me any info. I must note though that EA gave me lots of information.

So i have decided to convert this to an Indie games since those are the games i am making anyway. So first off i am going to write reviews of FPSC and some other click and create software.

Also i am going to review lots of indie games. From reviewing indie games i am going to create a top 10 for each engine. Top 10 for FPSC, Top 10 for DarkBASIC, Top 10 for DarkBASIC Pro, Top 10 for Gamemaker, Top 10 for Blitz3D, Top 10 for Realm Crafter etc.

So what i want to know is what are YOUR top 10 FPSC games.
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2006 15:14
The problem with that is I don't believe there are ten FPSC finished games out there.FPSC only came out late last year so most games are still in development.Mine might be finished by the end of the year...if I'm lucky.
If you check the Showcase thread you will find there are a handful of completed games.Two that are of note are Commander Josh by our very own Ben A. and The Undead by Natflash Games.
There are two or three other complete games you can check out and there are quite a few demos.Later on this year I expect there to be more finsished products out there.
I think your idea is a good one.You might try rating the top india apps as well.

FLa
Where you can find my demo:http://www.savefile.com/files/6970524
Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2006 15:53
I wouldn't call it a "game" as such but i made a basic trainning level to teach n00bs how to play FPSC games.

Search the showcase forum for "basic trainning"

AE

Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2006 16:32
Go to the showcase forum indeed, but as stated you will only find a few full games and a number of demos of games in progress and a lot af demos of games that have been abandoned already or never will be completed.

Your welcome to review mine, The Commander Josh Chronicles, http://www.gamefun4u.nl/page9.html It's first and the only full game released created with FPSC. Unless you call 3 level games full games also, but imo they aren't, I'd still call those a demo. On the other hand, around here creating a game with 3 levels is already quite an accomplishment, but when it comes to indie games, 3 levels isn't a full game.

http://www.gamefun4u.nl/index.html
GameFun4U, the ultimate funtainment. Cool Games and Resources for your own games.
Evil Star
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2006 16:43
What about "The Undead" by natflash?

Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2006 17:49
Sorry that is a full game, I thought it was only 3 levels, but it isn't. It's a full game indeed.

GameFun4U, the ultimate funtainment. Cool Games and Resources for your own games.
Talairina
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2006 17:58
CE's Hunt For Osama is also a full game and is the true first FPSC completed game. Benjamin Im not sure where you get "It's first and the only full game released created with FPSC." from. CE was first out with his game before your own. Your's would be the 2nd but your's does have alot more custom content and is, generaly speaking, better than the current 2 other full games imo.

Tal
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2006 21:54
I've just looked at The Undead by Natflash Games and it doesn't qualify as an indie game at all. It uses a lot of Doom3 items.....

Quote: "CE's Hunt For Osama is also a full game and is the true first FPSC completed game."

Sorry I've never heard about this one.... I'll search for it.

Quote: "Your's would be the 2nd but your's does have alot more custom content "

A lot more? Over 90% of my game is custom content, if not more. I've just used a few items and doors from FPSC and in one level some of the segments, all of the rest is custom. All of the scripts I've used have been rewritten or written by me completely, so even in that area it's custom.

Do you know how much custom stuff Hunt For Osama uses? Probably I'll have to change to first custom game created with FPSC

Anyway, still you will not find 10 full games, we're up to 3 now and that's kind of sad.

Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2006 22:18 Edited at: 21st May 2006 22:19
Well I've looked at Hunt For Osama and it qualifies as a full game if you want to call 5 levels a full game..... I wouldn't, I would call that a game in progress.

I think I would be a ticked off when buying a game and finding out later on it has only 5 levels.

I do think I'll stand by my claim.... a 5 level game isn't a completed game, that's only a half completed game.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2006 23:58
I played The Undead and while I agree it draws heavily upon Doom 3 it is still a complete game.It is not original at all but a good first effort for Natflash Games.
If I remember corrctly AE's tutorial level had you going around and putting you thorugh the paces of how FPSC works,the controls,etc. and it had audio instructions to do it.It was an excellent tutorial.
I have not played The Hunt for Osama so I do not know.
I will not get into a debate on how many levels a game should have because that is a decision that the developer must make when designing a game and the player makes when playing it.The first three Duke Nukem games,Doom,Wofenstein 3d and others are considered demos and they have quite a few levels.
In the end the player will decide for his or her self if they feel it is a full game or a demo.My project currenty has twelve levels theat are in some point of development and more to come.It might go quicker but sometimes I feel like I have to scrap a level and start over again.
I think but the end of this year or going into next year there will be a lot more completed games.Given that the full version of FPSC was just released at the end of last year,this is not really a surpirse,as development takes time.
When I download an FPSC game or demo,usually for the Showcase section,I do it to play it and give the developer feedback.I hope to have fun with it when I do.There are times when I am pleasantly surprised with what I am playing and then there are times where I wish I could gouge out my eyeballs and never see again.
Playing these demos and evaluating them is an important tool to help the community mateur and create better products.

FLa
Where you can find my demo:http://www.savefile.com/files/6970524
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2006 06:05 Edited at: 22nd May 2006 06:31
Quote: "Well I've looked at Hunt For Osama and it qualifies as a full game if you want to call 5 levels a full game..... I wouldn't, I would call that a game in progress.

I think I would be a ticked off when buying a game and finding out later on it has only 5 levels.

I do think I'll stand by my claim.... a 5 level game isn't a completed game, that's only a half completed game."

I created the game not you, so I say when it is complete and it was when I released it.
I designed my game for 5 levels not for your ideal 10.
Did you ever think that someone else might think your 10 levels is a fifth of a game since FPSC is capable of 50?
You make yours how you see fit, but don't say what I should have done.
This is my game not yours, so "stiffle it Edith".

Quote: "Do you know how much custom stuff Hunt For Osama uses? Probably I'll have to change to first custom game created with FPSC "

Again its my game, so what's wrong with me deciding how much orginal content I used?
This game was released soon after V1, and I did use custom scripts and other media.
I made the game the way I wanted it, plain and simple.

Quote: "Sorry I've never heard about this one.... I'll search for it."

Yeah right, you're not a noob. You heard of it.
If you want to promote your game that's fine, but you don't have to bash mine.
What are you gaining by bad-mouthing my game?

The question was...
Quote: "So what i want to know is what are YOUR top 10 FPSC games."

So, thanks for mentioning me so many times.
Glad to know that I am on your top ten list.

@HartGames
As others have suggested, your answer lies in the Showcase Forum.

Post Script
Thanks Talairina for the honorable mention.
You are very kind. May you live long and prosper.

Don't forget to visit Conjured Entertainment
Talairina
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2006 10:12
Quote: "Post Script
Thanks Talairina for the honorable mention.
You are very kind. May you live long and prosper.
"

I doubt that but thank you anyway
Anyway no more game bashing you two we all know what it take's to go into creating a completed FPSC and you two should be proud at been 1 of 3 people to acually finish their games. So congrats to you both

Tal
Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2006 19:21
Quote: "If I remember corrctly AE's tutorial level had you going around and putting you thorugh the paces of how FPSC works,the controls,etc. and it had audio instructions to do it.It was an excellent tutorial."

I never knew you liked it so much

I liked the demo of "the secrets of World war II", did that ever get finished?

AE

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 17:29:44
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 17:29:44