Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / increasing graphics

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
is there a way to increase the graphics of your project to your graphics card settings, for instance a radeon 9800 or g force something and increase your project to fit to your graphics cards settings ?

so then they look alot better or do we have to edit them in our own programs like gmax or 3ds ?
Jrock
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2006 01:43
Well, if you wanted better grahpics than you should have gone with Dark Basic Pro. I guess you could edit the source code to make graphics better, but I took one look at that and... well... its 20,000 lines of code.

In short it is the engine that you would need to edit.

Athlon 3500 - xfx 6800XTreme - 1GB RAM - 200 GB HD
Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2006 08:43
Jrock, he doesn't need to edit the source to make the "grahpics" look better.

He needs to make "better" models and textures.

Fact is, the models are made of a certain quality, so are the textures. It's not like you can make a 512x512 texture 1024x1024 and make it look good, it's like zooming in on a tiny picture a hundred times and expecting it to retain the look it starts with--it just doesn't.

That said, there are things you can add thorugh source alterations. You could, for example, add partiles, or Newton physics, or any physics able to be integrated into DBP. That won't make existing things look better though.

Fact is, the DBP itself is the threshold. DBP can't run high poly models efficiently, so neither can DBP. It's as simple as that.

Evil has a new name. Demo out now!
jaba
Years of Service
User Offline
So then ill need to construct my own high reselution models in 3ds max and make them fpsc ready for me to increase the graphics ?

Be nice to people and you may just reap the rewards of being nice and the values of freindships can give you more than any hatred can ever give.

(be nice to people)
Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2006 09:20
Yeah, but there's a problem with that...

FPSC can't handle too many polies, i sometimes struggles with the ammount it can render now.

AE

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 17:24:35
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 17:24:35