Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Eleven eMalice weapon models - with ViewPoint!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2003 04:10
Well, I've been beavering away for the past few weeks - putting together a level editor/builder, making textures for it and, of course, building gun meshes! I can't really show you the level editor yet, because it's far from finished, but I can give you all a glimpse at some of the weapons I've made:

Also, for those with the capabilities, you can see these models in real-time 3D using the ViewPoint plugin! Just click this link and it'll send you over: http://www.cross-bones.co.uk/emalice/Multi.html I'm sorry about the text hovering over each model, but that's because I haven't registered ViewPoint, or something...

Anyway, these pictures form the weapon-basis for my latest game - eMalice. It's going to play in a similar style to X-Com, but I'm focusing quite heavily on multiplayer and trying to give each weapon fairly unique properties, so you need to think a bit before you decide on a loadout.

This is about half of the total weapons that I have planned, along with numerous grenades, cybernetic enhancements, combat drugs and unusual devices. You'll also note that only two are skinned - that's because I'm pretty useless with textures and so I haven't yet come up with decent-looking skins for them. Perhaps it's time to draft in a bit of help - even trained monkeys normally make better skins than me!

They all weigh in at around 200-250 polygons, just in case anyone was wondering.
"I am a living, thinking entity who was created in the sea of information."
bushsucks
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2003 04:16
I like them, althogh I'm not exactly sure what the 1st,2nd and 6th one are?
I'm also not exactly sure why parts of the guns are red,too? My computer is too slow to look at the ones on the website,unforunately. Overall, they're nicely done.

don't re-elect bush
darkCorridor
Years of Service
User Offline
Very Nice, Keep it up!

[br]mikey
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2003 19:08
Very, very nice! Did you do those textures!! o_O EXCELLENT!!! Those are VERY VERY nice textures, and very good models as well! Ugh, I wish we had another 2D guy who could do work like that!!

NICE JOB!!

RPGamer

Current - RPG: Eternal Destiny
http://www.halbrosproductions.netfirms.com
Dont ask those questions! Read the help files lazy! Oh ya, and Tat has a plugin for that!
Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2003 19:50
Damn straight, a FA-MAS!!! Those Rifles are the coolest. And a minigun too, not to shabby. Keep up the good work.

Am I a butterfly dreaming I'm a man?
Or a bowling ball dreaming I'm a plate of samishi?
Never assume that what you see or feel is real.
Dr DooMer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2003 03:25
Well, not quite a FA-MAS, I just used that as a reference gun when making the SMG, so you're nearly right!

As for the red bits, they're parts of the weapons that will move in some way - clips disappear when not loaded, the minigun barrels rotate, the shotgun pumps, etc. The first and third weapons are the larger two weapons from the electron family - under normal circumstances, they boast 100% accuracy with moderate damage; however, when it's raining or your target has a certain passive device equipped, they behave slightly differently...

Anyway, I'm glad you all like them! I think you've boosted my confidence enough to make another attempt at skinning the minigun! Thanks!

"I am a living, thinking entity who was created in the sea of information."

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 10:46:03
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 10:46:03