Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / 2 Quick questions

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2006 21:47
1. is it possable to make an on-screen map?

2. with the install creator program can you make a ragistration code for you game? if not is there software that can do it?

Stamina
Years of Service
User Offline
I use Advanced Installer for my games and files. It will allow you to direct users to a webpage if you wanted that. As for the onscreen map..dont know if thats possible. I think that would require the game to always keep track of your every position in the game, and from the limitations of FPSC, I think that might be an item that would slow down the game...It would be a nice item to be ablt to press a key to see where you are in the game though.

OF COURSE, I could be wrong as I am definatly NOT a programmer...lol, just an opinion based on my reading just about every thread in this forum.
Rick123
Years of Service
User Offline
Click Team's Install Creator should support registration codes.
Michael S
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2006 23:38
How do i set one up in click team?

Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2006 01:24
OSM... have zones allround your level and each zone displays a dot on your screen, walk out of the zone and the dot goes away. Make a pic for a map to display that as well... will require around 200 scripts, and that is why it won't work (script limits you see)

We all have our inner noob. Join the NJL, and have more fun!
I believe society is flawed; our notions on life, on child rearing, stem too far back to be of relevance in this day and time.
kraM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2006 02:58
You will need Install Creator Pro to do registration codes. I use it and it's money well spent.

Regards
Mark

Surfin' The Apocalypse
Candle_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2006 07:44
You can try CyberInstaller Suite 2005 3.1
Publisher's Description
CyberInstaller Suite is a suite of programs for the creation of installation packages to distribute applications written using any development environment (C++, Delphi, Java. Net, Visual Basic, etc.).

The "Free" version is completely free of charge and allows you to distribute your own software in the easiest and cheapest possible way. CyberInstaller Suite (CIS) highlights itself from other installers for the great easy of use joined to the many functionalities and the great versatility offered.

New version 2005 3.1! (Genuary 30th 2006) Studio stability improved and complete multilanguage support.

Features:

* renewed engine (compact, fast, reliable)
* detailed summary of changes applied to the system
* roll-back for maximum safety
* wizards for packages assisted creation
* Finds Dependencies tool completely automatic
* multilanguage support (Translator tool included!)
* creation and automatic management of serial codes
* management minimum requirements
* .Net 2.x integrated support
* compatible with Windows XP SP2 and Server 2003
* automatic search of on-line updates for all modules

Enjoy today as Yesterday is gone and Tomorrow may never come!
Get your talking Head.
Stamina
Years of Service
User Offline
CyberInstaller Suite is really good, BUT if you dont purchase anything other than the free version, then you are limited to a 50 meg file size. Thats rather limiting when you think of some of these FPSC demos.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 19:27:46
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 19:27:46