Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

The 20 Line Challenge / Face Dude Takes On - 20 line game (DB Classic)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2003 00:30 Edited at: 30th Mar 2003 00:31
Hello!

Here's my stab at making a 20 line game. All graphics etc. are generated within the program so no external sources are necessary! The program was created with the latest version of DarkBASIC Classic (1.13). In order to get it working with DB Pro you'd have to get rid of the backdrop commands, and probably change a few other lines around.

Story

In this game, you star as Face Dude and must prevent attackers from hitting your base. To defend your territory, you must fire your atomic hat(?) at the futuristic, blue missles. Hitting the missles with your hat will immediately vaporize them. If any of the missles successfully hit you, or your base, you will substain a great deal of pain (loose one life). After all of your lives are gone, the attackers win! The enemie base has six missle launchers, so the maximum number of missles that you will have to abolish at any given time will be six (6). However, each time one of their missles is destroyed or hits your base, the next one launched gets even faster!

Controls

(Arrow Keys) : Moves Face Dude throughout the base
SPACE KEY : Fire your hat at missles
ESCAPE KEY : Exits game after you loose (you start with 3 lives)

Screenshots

The Code

Simply copy and paste this code into DarkBASIC Classic (any version should work), and run it!

Have fun. My highest score so far is 530 points. I find that after 300 points, it gets very tough.

Hamish McHaggis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2003 19:20
Ha Ha! Facedude! My highscore is 310!

Why the hell'd you ask me for crying out loud!?!
Chiwawa
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2003 20:16
cool
The Darthster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2003 11:50
Heh, I got 420 first time round, and 450 the second time. Nice game!

Once I was but the learner,
now, I am the Master.
rockfistus
Years of Service
User Offline
awesome

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 12:43:27
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 12:43:27