Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
what is a EA owner???
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2006 16:18
Early Adopter; someone who bought FPSC (or any program for that matter) while it was still in Beta.

-Keith

Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2006 17:06
Keith, I wouldn't necessarily put it as a "Beta".

I define EA as a pre-release version, sort of a "hefty preview". After Beta, but before release--you could even put it as a "Mega Gamma", because it's a step up from Beta and is a wide-release, if you know what I mean.

Basically, though, FPSC EA was the version you could buy from either Februrary or March (can't quite remember) 2005 until November 2005. If you bought that, you were asked to input your problems and such, and you got a free upgrade to V1 (post November 2005 version).

Evil has a new name. Demo out now!
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2006 17:21
I think the word "Beta" has started to carry a certain 'stigma' with it now. Maybe that's why they came up with the term "Early Adopter" when putting out software now...it sounds better.

uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2006 17:28 Edited at: 5th Jun 2006 17:29
EA was not a Beta at all in my description of one but could be thought of as complete program in its own right.

It was not subject to all of the same issues and bugs that V1 is - many of which appeared as part of the further development of FPSC - from EA - through the then Beta stages of development towards the V1 release. The additions of Physics and MP brought about many additional issues over the EA vesion.

Having said that EA was not quite the same animal that V1 is which despite any problems it may have is a still a major advance over EA in many ways.

Overall V1 is a better programme than EA was.

It matters little anyway as I pesonally expect and predict that FPSC will become a far superior product to any of its predecessors, so just hang on in there.

Thats putting my head on the chopping block is it not.

Now I hope that no one comes along and swings the axe.

Have mercy.

bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2006 17:47 Edited at: 5th Jun 2006 17:48
I agree with uman, FPSC WILL get better.

I think a lot of people envision TGC as a big company with teams of programmers working day in and out in some huge office building, and they wonder why it takes so long for an update.

This just isn't the case (and correct me if I'm wrong)- FPS Creator is the brain child of a relatively small group of people who just happen to love video games, so it's going to take some time.

We've already been told there WILL be an update, I don't think you could ask for any more at this point in time. And as far as I know, FPSC is a one-of-a-kind piece of software, I feel fortunate to have stumbled upon it.

----------------------------------------
"Your mom went to college."
My FPSC stuff at http://hyrumark.zftp.com/FPSC/hyrumarkfpsc.htm
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2006 01:45
That makes two of us.I don't remember exactly how I came across FPSC but I am glad I did.

FLa
Where you can find my demo:http://www.savefile.com/files/6970524
Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2006 07:02
Bond1 (and Uman), you're right.

TGC is made up of a small group--Lee, Rich, Rick V, Simon (although I don't know if he's directly tied to TGC or whether they only hire him when his modelling expertise is necessary), and I'm sure several others who are more mysterious and do not necessarily show their faces around here.

Due to the fact that, to my knowledge, Lee is the only real programmer (With Rich as the Admin, Rick V as the (whatever you call 'em, organiser for public info etc.) and Simon as graphical artist), it's going to take a while for them to really make a true update.

Evil has a new name. Demo out now!
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2006 15:19
Quote: "Lee is the only real programmer"

Mike would be devastated to know that he isn't a real programmer

For free Plug-ins and source code http://www.matrix1.demon.co.uk
Dodic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2006 20:38
Quote: "Mike would be devastated to know that he isn't a real programmer"

LOL, truth, but i think he was referring to the crue that works on FPSC.

Sig. pics are only increasing the loading time of the threads, so why have them...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 19:24:47
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 19:24:47