Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Very simple query

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello. Sorry to ask something so inane.
I bought FPS Creator for my son, because I would rather he was involved with the creation rather than just mindless blasting away, like he does on Quake. My wife is whinging about the blood! Is there any way to turn it off? Many thanks for your help I hope I am not cluttering up the forum with such drivel.

COYS
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2006 14:19
No doubt someone will come along with a link, but I'm sure there's a simple way to disable blood, or perhaps change it.

For instance, you could replace the blood textures with green versions, something like that might be the best bet, it's good to see the results of your work in all it's glory, green blood and all - with no blood it would detract from the effect.

Aegrescit medendo
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2006 14:46 Edited at: 8th Jun 2006 14:48
Sim,

Welcome to the forums.

There are a number of options available to you.

Please feel free to ask qestions but please do use the search facility located at the bottom of page first to see if answers to frequently asked questions are already available.

In this case a search should return a number of the options so you can look through them and see if one is more suitable than another for your needs. Perhaps that would be most helpful as I dont know what your knowledge or skill level is if you are new to game making.

If you cant find a solution or need further help then I am sure as said others will answer directly in more detail here how you can achieve what you want.

A future update for FPSC may hopefully provide for a simple option to turn the blood off, but I cant say that to be the case.

I look forward to seeing you and perhaps you son here more often.

There is a lot of help availble here if you need further assistance.

Quake is good.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2006 15:33
I think there has been a thread or two posted about this in the scripts forum.You might look there.

FLA
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2006 17:36
Replace the blood with a RGB 0,0,0 picture.

then it shows no blood

NEW e-Drome Productions site!!!
http://e-dromeproductions.cv.vc/
Sim
Years of Service
User Offline
Many thanks for your help guys. Sorry to start a new topic.

COYS

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 19:29:40
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 19:29:40