Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Door from nowhere ô¿ô

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2006 00:27
I've noticed this on a few different level's I've made. It seems that every now and then I notice a door on level one @ 4 spaces over that works but can't be deleted. Usually I start on @ level 5 and never get to the 1st level.
Does anybody know what causes this glitch?

Keep'em Movin
Programmer of Power
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2006 01:28
I've noticed that several times as well... not sure what causes it though.

"I will work harder... if you ask me enough times... or give me enough coffee"
kraM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2006 09:38
That's no glitch, that's the door to Merranvo world!

Surfin' The Apocalypse
Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2006 10:12
Quote: "That's no glitch, that's the door to Merranvo world!"

Incrediable! I've heard of such a phenomena! Imagine, A door to the mind of Merry himself!

uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2006 13:36 Edited at: 9th Jun 2006 13:38
Yekoms,

If you have a stray door left behind following placing a door segment which included that door then in order to remove that door.

You can try one a couple of things.

Make sure you move to the level that the door is actually on. It can sometimes be difficult in eidtor to be sure without looking carefully.

1. Paint over the spot where the door segment was with a completely different Room Segment not containing a door - that should remove the door - then delete the segment you just placed.

2. Try doing the same with the original door segment painting the complete segment then deleting it.

3. Choose entity mode and once you are in entity mode go and find the door entity in the entities list and select it as if to place a door "entity". Now go to your offending door in level and point select the door entity and right click to remove it - you may find that with door entities you have to rotate the select pointer to the same rotational value as it was when the door was placed before it can be removed so you have two choices - point at inside of door and right click or rotate pointer and choose the other side of the door and right click.

That should do it.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 19:21:40
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 19:21:40