Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
[b]I am looking to buy this software but before i do i was just wondering if i could create a life simulation game with this...exp:you can buy cars have a job and so forth would it work?????? well thank you for any answesrs i get email me here if you want to contact me through email [email]
MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2003 19:50
Anything you can imagine can work, yet something like that would take some time.Especially if you've never programmed before.

Clans of our Galaxy
A new space simulation coming in 2004 -yellow-
Help Please
Years of Service
User Offline
no i have never programed...waht lanugage does it use??? but in the future some day you will see my game out there im going to take computer programming a class in my high school and maybe it can help me

MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2003 21:30
The language is just called Dark Basic if I remember right.I've only been programming for about a month, and I can lots of different things.

The lanaguage is really simple.Here is a link to some tutorials
[/href]http://www.darkbasic.com/create.php

When you first start out things are tricky, but just stick to it.

Stay active in the forums and people(mainly rpg gamer lol jk) will help you.

Clans of our Galaxy
A new space simulation coming in 2004 -yellow-
Help Please
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you for all your help im off to learn lol c ya later.....o yeah one more thing is the whole game the program i mean do you have to draw graphics or any thing

John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2003 22:41 Edited at: 30th Mar 2003 22:42
Haha yellow

DB can do pretty much anything you set your mind to. You just need the skills to code it.

For the graphics? Yes, you need to make your own. You can do 2D with any program that draws (yes even MSPaint ) and for 3D I suggest paying the 20 Bucks for a very good modelling program called Milkshape (www.milkshape3d.com)

Good luck

If you need any help I can give you some pointers on a messenger. My aim is Johnrocs, my Msn is TheBedroomProgrammer@hotmail.com

RPGamer

Current - RPG: Eternal Destiny
http://www.halbrosproductions.netfirms.com
Dont ask those questions! Read the help files lazy! Oh ya, and Tat has a plugin for that!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 13:14:06
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 13:14:06