Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / need help wit multiplayer

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2006 07:28
hello people and i thank you for reading. anyways how do i get it so you can click multiplayer on main men cuz rite now it says waiting to join in the bottom left hand corner of screen.

"I'm a lean mean speed thingy!" "What about my womanly needs?" "Send the kids to the neighbors cuz i'm coming back loaded!"
Predator boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2006 07:39
i also wanna be able to play my game too. i looked up and did instructions but wont let me add game lvls...

"I'm a lean mean speed thingy!" "What about my womanly needs?" "Send the kids to the neighbors cuz i'm coming back loaded!"
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2006 07:50 Edited at: 11th Jun 2006 07:59
That is it. Pallmanni, I am sorry but I am officially pushing the red face.

I am getting tired of these "lets make fun of other people" qoutes. He has a few IM SP errors. However, it is CLEARLY understandable. Tell him to check up on his spelling but nothing more.

Follow the netiquette rules and be a kind netizen
Quote: "Posts made for the purpose of putting down another forum member or their work will not be tolerated without good cause"

These quotes are NOT intended to help other people understand what is going on, but rather insult the poster for having a few mistakes. It is worse when people feel that the post wasn't good enough as is, and add in ridiculous content just to be a 1337 translator. Worse is situations like this, where a person cares more about making these ‘translations’ rather then helping the person.

@Predator boy: if you are behind a router you need to 'port forward'. Personally I don't understand why opening ports matters. it is in my oppinion that the problem is that FPSC records the IP address from the network connections. It has NOTHING to do with the router blocking FPSC, but rather a flaw in FPSC IP catching.

Get a direct connection and this should go away. (no router or dialup)

We all have our inner noob. Join the NJL, we have more fun!
I believe society is flawed; our notions on life, on child rearing, stem too far back to be of relevance in this day and time.
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2006 08:37
Pallmanni,
I removed your post and have taken what action was necessary.
Please follow the rules and try to think about how you would feel if it were you on the receiving end of that.
Abuse of newcomers will not be tolerated.

Lucifer
Years of Service
User Offline
hey fredp, i want to ask you, what do you think you are doing? arent you a moderator? well do you think you can do whatever you want? i feel like you have some favourite users here, some you like, and treat differently from others, and others you might not like, and treat worse than others, http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=80638&b=21 take a look at this, even though i mean no disrespect for avening eagle, look at what he did there..
Quote: "Abuse of newcomers will not be tolerated."

ironic isnt it? you noob slapped me, but not avening eagle, for doing the same thing i did? why might i ask you? why? well, i dont know, i feel it is just a bunch a bull that i get noob slapped for doing the same thing others have been doing while they havent been punished.
Quote: "have taken what action was necessary"

Did you think it was nessesary to noob slap me? why? can you answer that? why havent any others been noob slapped for doing the same thing. Was i rude in the first post i made here, well no i wasnt. i might have made another post here to express my anger after i found out i was noob slapped, that post.. might not be approved... .. but seriously, i think it is stupid to treat me differently because you dont like me, while you are there, kissing ae's shoes...
Quote: "Abuse of newcomers will not be tolerated."

now wait a minute, the first post i made here, (wich is the one that was where i was translating, not the one that wont get approved) i wasnt abusing him, i only did what others have been doing. And was i rude? i think not. i told him to use the "search" tool, wich, by my standards, isnt abusing.

i ask now, are you going to ban me for posting this??

Just google pallmanni and get the history of me!

http://whatishl.ytmnd.com/ so friggin funny!
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2006 09:51
No I am not going to ban you.I am not playing favorites.I only noob slapped you for 24 hours.
And I think you are missing the point.Be nice to the newcomers.

Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2006 10:43
The reason why i didn't get slapped for that post was because after my "translation" (which i might point out is something i started so why shouldn't i do it? Everyone says i'm good at translating...), i asked him a question to help give a more accurate answer.

Also, the new mods hadn't been selected when that post was made.

I didn't see your post, Pallmanni, so i don't know if it was wrong to delete it but i think we can rule out favourism as a motive. The mods were selected because they are well-known, respected and fair.

AE

Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2006 10:56
stop bickering either way noob slapping isnt cool, and i didnt see his post because i was out moshing, at any rate i really want you guys to drop this, only because it brings the forums chaos, imo this thread should be locked immidiately to stop from everyone getting pissed off and attacking each other

so i really do hope fredp,uman,keithc whoever will lock this

at any other rate *lol* i just thought i should say this, i was noob slapped for a month because of getting pissed a noob so dont feel left out pall

http://ninjasoftforum.proboards107.com
Predator boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2006 17:34
cant we stay on topic??

Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2006 20:44 Edited at: 11th Jun 2006 21:22
Quote: "cant we stay on topic??"

Okay Predator Boy...

I'll dig up the old thread on the 'port forwarding' but other then that, this problem simply exists. If someone knows how to add in the "connected to" thingy (meaning the computer on the router... like I am 192.168.1.3 currently, the 3 dictates my computers number on the router) to an IP address then this could probally be over ridden by typing in the persons IP (actually try that) with the additional tag.

Okay, after using the search and seeing some of the comments that made me doubt it, I doubt it further.

This is a link to smart people. It explains REAL solutions... however it is made with DBP in mind, and ravens solution probally works... but havn't tested it (if I understand what she is solving, that is).

Quote: "i also wanna be able to play my game too. i looked up and did instructions but wont let me add game lvls..."

There are no multiple levels in MP maps.

We all have our inner noob. Join the NJL, we have more fun!
I believe society is flawed; our notions on life, on child rearing, stem too far back to be of relevance in this day and time.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 21:28:19
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 21:28:19