Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] On Quotes and Spelling

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2006 21:11
Quote: "For all aspects of FPS Creator that don't fit into the other FPSC boards"

This has to do with FPSC Forum behavior which is related to FPSC and does not belong in any of the other forums. It is in this note that as long as this thread does not receive excessive flaming or foul language that it is following the Forum Rules and is in coherence with the AUP.

First off, I have made this new thread to save an old thread from being locked.

My post on that page that sparked the argument is

Quote: "I am getting tired of these "lets make fun of other people" quotes. He has a few IM SP errors. However, it is CLEARLY understandable. Tell him to check up on his spelling but nothing more.

Follow the netiquette rules and be a kind netizen
[quote]Posts made for the purpose of putting down another forum member or their work will not be tolerated without good cause"

These quotes are NOT intended to help other people understand what is going on, but rather insult the poster for having a few mistakes. It is worse when people feel that the post wasn't good enough as is, and add in ridiculous content just to be a 1337 translator. Worse is situations like this, where a person cares more about making these ‘translations’ rather then helping the person.[/quote]

Pallmanni does have a good point with his reference to This Thread but there are far worse examples...

Here people had a stand off on who could write the 1337st longest translations. How about someone translate the Gettysburg Address and present it to a historical preservation association. They would take it as offensive, vulgar, ruthless slander. They don't understand the "joke", if you can call it that. So imagine how newbies feel.

Quote: "stop bickering either way noob slapping isnt cool"

noob slapping is a part of moderation, pally received a very small noob slap, just one day. You received a month. Others have been banned for large periods of time. To limit mods to simply locking or deleting offending threads is as saying that we should let the killers go with a slap on the wrist.

We all have our inner noob. Join the NJL, we have more fun!
I believe society is flawed; our notions on life, on child rearing, stem too far back to be of relevance in this day and time.
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2006 01:28 Edited at: 12th Jun 2006 02:09
General comment :

As this is a topic of some concern at the moment I will post here too.

I and possibly some of the other new Mods maybe are watching this forum more closely than users may think.

A balance is to be sought.

Users now have an opportunity to show that they are able to conduct themselves in a reasonable, sensible manner which at least some have not done in the past.

If they cant do that then watching will give way to action wherever necessary.

There are forum guidlines in place.

The mods will see that the forum guidlines are adhered to and prevail here and its not up for debate.

Currently I am still personally of a mind to give some advice and some little leeway to users.

The honeymoon period always comes to an end.

NOOB bashing or bashing anyone else for that matter is not allowed.

Again the point is made and taken into consideration.

Locked.

"I am and forever will be your friend"

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 21:33:08
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 21:33:08