Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] The grammar of this forum

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2006 00:01
Hi, I have made this thread because I am simply tired of people using abbreviations, like Thnx, Thx, Coz, soz, etc.

It simply makes the threads harder to understand, I find it extremely annoying when people write whole texts filled with abbreviations, and without any signs like , . : ; and Etc.

These forums are not ment to be filled with Nonsense that no-one understands, they are ment to be a place where you can get and answer to you questions and discuss things with your fellow gamemakers.

So please, STOP using those words, Learn to spell, and use signs.

Essal

Check out http://www.freewebs.com/lasse-b for free Stuff for FPSC
Aoneweb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2006 00:04
Here here.

Game resource forum and arcade, click sig.
Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2006 00:08
I agree, even tho i do use some abbreviations, it just makes my fingers less sore to type thx or somthing along those lines instead of thanks

http://ninjasoftforum.proboards107.com
Stamina
Years of Service
User Offline
ok,ty,np,,,get real. This is just a rediculous thread. I can understand if people were writing COMPLETE threads in nothing but abbreviated lingo, but to say stop using things like thnx and such is kinda childish.

jmt (just my thought).

lol (Laugh out loud).
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2006 00:56
General comment :

Posts containing whole messages in encrypted, shorthand or abrieviated messages are not helpful to anyone except those to lazy to be bothered to type, while funnily enough expecting others to be able to decipher, guess or understand what a user is often asking those others to be able to help them with.

High volumes of Slang words or *** have no place here.

The problem for me is in deciding the reason for any poster doing this and any user like myself can make an assumption from a number of choices - I wont specify them here as some could be construed as insulting.

It may be in some instances that a user is just not profficient in the use of the English language for possibly more than one reason.

If I come across continued or obviously blatant use of purposeful misspelling for some strange behavioural reason of an idividual then as a mod I may take some action with regard to a users posts.

If there are legitimate reasons for this kind of post writing then that could be accommodated.

In any decision fair play must prevail.

Users should just not be surprised if some action is taken by myself or possibly another mod to clean up any threads of this nature if deemed necessary just as with any other form of bad behaviour which may render threads hopeless or unruly.

To date the New Mods have been I would say been - well, very moderate, but firm - that will continue, but if necessary new instances of any bad behaviours will be dealt with a firmer hand if thats what it takes to ensure this forum does not return to the bad old days - and there have been some that those of us who have been here for some time will remeber.

The message is clear - please if you are going to post do it in a way which does not require a user to have a degree in decripting coded messages - thats not a lot to ask - or eventually your posts in the very least are going to get either edited or deleted. If that were to happen then you can be sure that if the abuse of purposeful mispelling were to continue it would not be allowed to go on for long.

Please type your messages clearly if you are able - thats all thats asked of you.

"I am and forever will be your friend"
Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2006 01:08
agreed you should lock the thread now...

http://ninjasoftforum.proboards107.com
Maeko
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2006 01:12 Edited at: 12th Jun 2006 01:12
One more thing..

Typing fast and not cleaning up any mistakes makes me punch a kitty. For example:

HElol my name is BObbb adn IL ike to playt with fpscreatoar it sis afuna.

Give a man some bullets, and he'll want a gun. Give a man a gun and he'll be giving away the bullets!!
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2006 01:33
As its obvious this will prove to be a continued attraction for much more of the same I will lock this now - the various points being made and taken into account.

Locked.

"I am and forever will be your friend"

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 21:33:47
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 21:33:47