Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Listen, I need some advice(From the people who know what their talking about). In the future, I am looking foreward to be a visual effects artist (if thats what u call it). The person who makes the guns , explosions, animations, area, people, grenades,and jst about all of the moving things in a game. I have animation software.
http://www.eovia.com/products/carrara3D_basics2/carrara3D_basics.asp

The queston part is is whether I should get a mac or a pc, because I need a new computer.
I want the best computer for the buisness but people have different opinions.________________
--------------------
Michael S
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2006 02:55
What qualities are you looking for in a computer?

hyper glitch
Years of Service
User Offline
I just neeed somehing that would have great resoloution, it to be fast, lots of ram, lots of storage for the big programs, and something that would would more likely be compatible with the programs that are the best for making objects, rendering them, texturing them and animating them in the best way possible. (in my budget of course).

I would also love to have fpsc on it to practice putting my own objects and animations inside a game. (but that isn't the most important quality)
Aoneweb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2006 03:45
The software you have should have versions that run on both machines, so I would learn the software first, as long as you can run it OK.

Game resource forum and arcade, click sig.
Michael S
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2006 04:11 Edited at: 13th Jun 2006 04:20
hyper glitch
Years of Service
User Offline
But which do you think is better for this?

Mac or Pc
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2006 05:08
I like the PC!

Attack of the CLONES

Don't forget to visit Conjured Entertainment
flashing snall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2006 13:59
PC!!!! im a die hard windows fan, so im just yelling that out. but seriuosly, windows would be better, uless you got a n insane top end mac. Most computers with windows could run said "animation program" but might not be able to have them in gan, but PROBABLY NOT BECAUSE THAT WOULD BE AN OLD WINDOWS!!!! witch are still cool. im goin stop typing now ... WINDOWS!

dont assume cause ull make an ass out of you and me!
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 13th Jun 2006 16:05
Historically, MAC is a better graphics platform. All of the major graphics studios use the MAC platform. I would do some research and join some forums to get better information before making a purchase decision.

Crazy Grandpa
hyper glitch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2006 16:45 Edited at: 13th Jun 2006 16:55
Thankk you for that sane and thoughtfull answer xplosys. I will.
I guess I was asking if the major people use macs or not.

flashing snall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2006 03:28
im tellin you, MACS ARE EVIL!!! SPAWN OF **** (sorry for immuturity but) THEY ARE EVIL!!!!!!
windows=
mac=

dont assume cause ull make an ass out of you and me!
cocodude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2006 04:00
Dude have you heard about this thing called boot camp? well if you havent its this thing that if you have a mac you can put microsoft windows on it! So when you start the mac up, you can choose if you want to run windows or run the mac operating system. so you only need one computer but have mac and windows! pretty neat. you probably want to visit the apple website for more info.

http://www.apple.com
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2006 04:26
MAC, when it comes to professional design, mac has been the top seller. When it comes to sucking but being the only availiable one for the job, you have windows.

My Government sucks, join the rebellion!
One can only know so much, only comprehend the world to a point. After that we exist as impressionable beings. Doing nothing, being nothing, forever nothing.
Maeko
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2006 04:47
This thread makes me want to buy Macintosh.

Give a man some bullets, and he'll want a gun. Give a man a gun and he'll be giving away the bullets!!
Whyrag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2006 05:17 Edited at: 15th Jun 2006 05:20
Get out alot of money for a Mac. Software for a Mac cost alot more to.. Music software w/hardware attached " Pro tools " etc. I use Cakewalk Sonar producer edition 5 and I get same results and most of the time better than pro tools.
It is a I have more money than you thing in my opinion. And I can do alot more on a pc.
SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2006 06:29
I hate Mac's, never used one, but I know they suck. They look like a childs toy computer and dont work most of the time.

bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
For the type of work you're looking to get into, take a look at 3D World magazine. You'll see that PC's are the major player in the world of 3D. There is software (like Maya) that will run on a Mac, but by and large PC's rule the world of 3D.

----------------------------------------
"Your mom went to college."
My FPSC stuff at http://hyrumark.zftp.com/FPSC/hyrumarkfpsc.htm
cocodude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2006 15:02
Macs cost ALOT moreand look better than PC's but windows PC's are probably more powerful and alot more programs can run on them
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2006 15:42
Maya and 3DS Max are both widely used, but really don't even consider getting a mac - macs are for 2D artists, PC's are for 3D artists - there just isn't the same industry-standard software on the mac.

Aegrescit medendo
Lucifer
Years of Service
User Offline
Some programs/games/webpages dont work for the mac, wait? did i say some, i mean many! get a pc, not a mac...

Just google pallmanni and get the history of me!

http://whatishl.ytmnd.com/ so friggin funny!
jaba
Years of Service
User Offline
Macs cant play programs or use alot of programs macs have to make there own programs thats the sad part, almost all programs only run on windows and some are becoming mac compatible. Macs teh the only thing good with a mac computer is that they can avoid windows based virusis and thats all, macs are not good at anything they cant build a website better than a windows there the same a website building is based by an internet connection not computer abilities, except if its flash sites.

alienwar its really good but it heats up way to fast you cant have it on for more than 8 hours at a time or it over heats and POOF.

xp proffesional and xp home or dells are proboubly the only computers that are fit for main stream computer nerds, macs really kinda suck, and alienwares are amazing but have problems, and then dells and xp's are increadable, both there regular and gaming pc's.

Plus with the new outcome of the new byte terrabyte its like 100 gigs in 1 terrabyte so id go for the top of the line, my pc's 2 years old and still runs like its new and its a xp, my pal got a new gaming pc with tons of space and ram, a new gforce card, and can have about 60 operations going on at once.

Id go with a windows pc.

여보세요fpsc은 중대하다
haha
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2006 01:00
macs can now 'emulate' windows. I believe it was mentioned in this thread as well.

My Government sucks, join the rebellion!
One can only know so much, only comprehend the world to a point. After that we exist as impressionable beings. Doing nothing, being nothing, forever nothing.
bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2006 01:17 Edited at: 16th Jun 2006 01:18
Guys, his question wasn't about a Mac vs. PC debate, or which will run more programs.

He asked a very specific question, which would be better for creating 3D game art? And the answer is a PC. While Macs have been traditionally used in graphic design, PC's are the standard for 3D work.

----------------------------------------
"Your mom went to college."
My FPSC stuff at http://hyrumark.zftp.com/FPSC/hyrumarkfpsc.htm

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 21:34:30
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 21:34:30