Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] To The Mods

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2006 03:41
I have to say you are doing a rather good job. I look at this board and see several threads which would result in pointless flaming locked and closed. Far better and quicker then we have had in the past I must add.

Instead of a team request thread being bumped to the top by a avalaunche of flames, it is locked with the third reply belonging to a moderator. That, I must say, is an accomplishment.

But there is one thing that bothers me. It is not the fact that threads are locked rather then the fact that I can still see them. 7 locked threads in one page is not a pretty thing to look at, it may also be unsettling to new commers who read these threads, I understand that the concept of moderation is new to this board, and you should leave such threads open to allow people to understand what is and is not allowed. But you have to consiter what impression these threads make on the general populus.

It is with my deepest sincerity that I recommend deleting threads which have no value to the community and only exist to incite a rebellion against the moderation of the forum in order to ease the transition. Currently people probally are believing that you are all dictators, TORCHING threads that spread foul about you before others have time to rebuttle. SMOTHERING the people who disobey your order and ELIMINATING those who persist.

Now I do not believe that what so ever, I am just trying to portray what may be seen as a result of your actions.

It is from the bottom of my heart that I say this forum is better with you in it, and no amount of will power, no ammount of attempted control could challange the role you have played in the history of us all.

I now humbly decend and allow you to lock and/or delete this thread.

We all have our inner noob. Join the NJL, we have more fun!
I believe society is flawed; our notions on life, on child rearing, stem too far back to be of relevance in this day and time.
SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2006 03:43
I would have thought you would know better, Merranvo. Why post to thank the mods, your just making more posts for them to lock and frustrating them in the run.

Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2006 03:46 Edited at: 14th Jun 2006 03:49
Because I was not certain if van B would consider this going off topic in the New Mods thread.

Besides, it takes less then 10 seconds to press a button terminating this thread, but the effect I hope it has shall last far longer then the grief from those against. If you consiter what the mods have been through these past few days, if you consiter the off forum and on forum abuse they have recived. I would believe that the locking of a thread as such would be a far lesser concern.

And there is also a general tidbit of help, an idea for them to heed or ignore.

We all have our inner noob. Join the NJL, we have more fun!
I believe society is flawed; our notions on life, on child rearing, stem too far back to be of relevance in this day and time.
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2006 03:47
Besides it is a valid point that I was wondering about myself.

uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2006 03:53
Merranvo,

Your observation is appreciated, of course aware of by the Mods and I am sure will be duely considered.

I have said in other posts recently that the method Mods may use to achieve a stable forum may change over time - whatever it takes is the phrase that keeps popping up. The Mods will adapt to the need.

Higgins thanks for your comment frustrating wont come into it - these Mods are good guys and can ride the storm to see this forum become what it should be.

"I am and forever will be your friend"

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 21:31:31
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 21:31:31