Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / FPSRPG? Curious if I can...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi all. I haven't bought FPS Creator (yet) but I am really contemplating it. I have a question, and I'm hoping the answer is yes hehe

Anyway the questino is can I change the game's overall system to reflect an RPG? Something like Art of Ascension for Half-Life 2 (but as a single player game) where every enemy killed gives Experience Points, and those points could be used to "buy" weapons or "upgrade" weapons already owned?

Sorry I'm such a newbie to this, but thanks for reading the question, and I hope to get an answer!

Cheers!
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2006 08:42
You can through some scripting but I will be honest and say it's won't be practical. It may be tedious to do but hey you might be the guy to do it. i'de suggest trying the demo and see if it will fit what your'e trying to do. Others have attepted or may be still attempting to (if not, succeeding) at doing what your going for. Do a search on 'RPG' in the forum and see if you can find some of the answers your looking for.

Essal
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2006 13:47
it would be really hard...

Check out http://www.freewebs.com/lasse-b for free Stuff for FPSC
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2006 13:53
Yeah, rigging FPSC for an RPG style game is not ideal, but that's not to say your wasting your time.

Whether someone makes a more RPG'esque game engine for it, or you use FPSC with DBPro, there are options for developing your ideas - just takes time and patience to get things good, like everything else.

Aegrescit medendo
brummel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2006 15:29
SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2006 17:31
I would like to point out that when I clicked that link Antimatter games, I was sent here:

http://www.w3.org/Protocols/

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2006 17:44
i made an RPG once...

stopped production but it was quite good.

the legends of Klinha...Good times...

[href]gamemasterengine.galekus.com[/href]
or in the WIP forums.(MMlevel is back!)
Lucifer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2006 18:53 Edited at: 14th Jun 2006 18:57
i have a lot of medieval stuff i can give you if you are making a rpg game, stuff like textures, swords and houses and other stuff... i was once making a medieval game for fpsc... it was going well and all, but i stopped when i got db

Just google pallmanni and get the history of me!

http://whatishl.ytmnd.com/ so friggin funny!
Prince Auron
Years of Service
User Offline
I like those types of games, but mostly all I want to know if is the system can keep track of how many kills are made in the game, and then use those "points" to purchase weapons. It would be a regular paced FPS, but a fast paced RPG.

Or I suppose I could have a "Money" system. Can something like that exist?

I want to do the demo, but apparently I already had the demo way back in the day, and re-downloading the demo (after uninstalling it) doesn't work hehe. So I'm waiting to see if those things can happen, and if they do I'll buy it.

Another question: Can you do Bullet-Time type effects using FPSC?
Prince Auron
Years of Service
User Offline
I just noticed a Stats/Money System was somewhat implemented for FPSC a while back (apparently) from here: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=65911&b=21

So would that system work?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 21:29:04
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 21:29:04