Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / How do I keep my external walls looking consistent?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi all,
I've done a dearch but cannot seem to find any threads that give me the answer.

I've just pruchased FPS and am very impressed. The only niggle I am having is how I keep my external waals looking consistent in my map?

For instance, using the WW2 kit, I'd like to place a study and bunker next to each other. The problem is that when the player is outside of these rooms, the external walls are different. I'd like to acheive a realistic look to my buildings, and that means external walls being the same, regardless of which rooms the building contains.

How do I do this?

Thanks.
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2006 19:34
Not sure how you set this mode, but you might find it in the menus, but you can change from external to internal mode - I think this would let you use the same style on the outside of the building.

Aegrescit medendo
classixuk
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the quick reply!

I've tried to change from external to internal mode, but unfortunately I still cannot seem to acheive the effect.
The work around so far seems to be to have a 1x1 "corridor" around the exterior of the entire building in order to have the exterior walls look consistent despite function of the interior rooms.
Would it be quite easy for me to edit the wall segments so that every wall exterior is the same, or is there another way?

Thanks.
Dimension T
Years of Service
User Offline
I've always just picked my segment and choose "paint only walls" then paint on BOTH sides of where you want your wall.

This is what you mean right?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 21:30:39
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 21:30:39