Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / movie effect on the wall

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2006 19:57
If u ever played half life 2 u will notice on the first level when u gt off the train. you see the big scren with the guy talking on it, and on doom3 u see the little tv screens with like a voice or map in it.

I just want to know is this possible if this is possible i fpsc.
and does anybody have a idea on how this maybe done.

I dont want to stop the game i just want it so if the player looks at a screen or wall or something he sees a movie.

HI
jermaine
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2006 20:16
thanks for the reply i will try it, if anybody else as another way of doing it please reply

HI
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2006 20:54
Does FPSC support animated gifs? if so cool, This would open up allot of possibilities, if not you would be stuck with useing an animated decal and not really have much control over the speed, but something can be done with it.

Essal
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2006 20:58
I dont Think FPSC supports Animated Gifs

Check out http://www.freewebs.com/lasse-b for free Stuff for FPSC
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2006 21:00
Thanks Essal, I didn't think so since I haven't heard of anybody useing them so far.

Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2006 23:29
Essal's right, animated .gif's are, unfortunetely, unsupported.

However, don't forget you can use (16 frame?) decals, and if you use the script which holds it in one place, that would actually work quite well.

Evil has a new name. Demo out now!
MaarX
Years of Service
User Offline
What you maybe can do is go into a modeller, make lots of 'planes' (as it is called in MS3D) give each of them a different screen.
And then create an animation in which 'plane1' pops up above 'plane2' and then 'plane3' pops up above 'plane2' and so on...

Maybe this would work... It's just an idea???
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2006 19:24
i accually had a similar idea for making some moving water

Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2006 03:41
Star... yeah... that is right.

The issue is that it requires you to manually copy the textures over.

My Government sucks, join the rebellion!
One can only know so much, only comprehend the world to a point. After that we exist as impressionable beings. Doing nothing, being nothing, forever nothing.
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2006 04:32 Edited at: 17th Jun 2006 04:33
A more flexible animated (and possibly non anmimated) texture control feature could certainly make a big difference to FPSC made game levels and as with some others would be of direct added value to the product I would think.

This and variations have been well requested and debated - I guess we have to wait and see what develops if anything along these lines.

Perhaps the best we can hope for in the short term is an improvement to the current decal system.

Sophisticated animation effects equaling video type movies are not really possible with any current feature (apart from the story zone where appropriate) - but very limited results to meet with various objectives I would agree can currently be achieved. A little more flexibility to the number of frames and the control of animation speed for decals in themselves would certainly make a big difference for use in many situations.

More could certainly be seen as being needed than that but its probably too much to expect in the near future at least.

Who knows what the future may hold - certainly not I.

"I am and forever will be your friend"
transient
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2006 21:41
@starmart - I'm trying something similar at the moment. I'm not sure if replacement animations are possible in FPSC yet, but they might be.

The trick is getting the models to spawn and die when you want them to.

Animated gifs would be cool.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 21:31:13
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 21:31:13