Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Hacking

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
So how can you possibly stop online hacking of the games you create? I read that there is no coding, so it seems impossible.

Secondly, would there be a way to create a game and have it free except special features for those who pay? Doesnt seem likely if everything is in scripts. I figured I'd ask before I commit to paying $50 for this thing

You need a girlfriend whose name does not end in .jpg
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2006 06:10
Quote: "You need a girlfriend whose name does not end in .jpg"

Thank you very much my GF's name ends in .png

Piracy is unlimited. Nothing you make will be impossible to pirate.

Yes.

My Government sucks, join the rebellion!
One can only know so much, only comprehend the world to a point. After that we exist as impressionable beings. Doing nothing, being nothing, forever nothing.
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2006 06:12 Edited at: 16th Jun 2006 06:19
.png eh, you must dig the asian chicks then

Boomshiki
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry, I was not clear. By hacking I mean game hacking

Changing your hp to 99999, one hit killing, that kinda jazz. Would there be a way to stop the use of trainers in the scriptsor is it impossible with this program?

Candle_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2006 07:26
Can't hack my game

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2006 07:31
FPS-Game.exe cant be hacked,but a server can...

and when the server is hacked the host is hacked and files are open view.

THATS what hacking is.

getting lives to 9999 is cheating(wich is impossible unlss the creator of the game putted them in)

[href]gamemasterengine.galekus.com[/href]
or in the WIP forums.(MMlevel is back!)
Boomshiki
Years of Service
User Offline
If you have ever tooled around with a meemory editor you can see how very possible it is to freeze your health at 100% and ne ver die, how easy it is for one hit kills, how easy it is o walk through wlls even. I've messed around like that in Gunz and believe me, I never hacked the server.

What I am talking about here is game hacking... Perhaps I need to speak with someone who (like myself) has actually been a part of a game hacking community and knows how its done.

uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2006 05:02
If you want to protect your games and media - theres plenty of information available at these forums and elsewhere online to help you do the best you can to achieve that.

Do some searching. Spend some money.

If you need to find a way to get a cheats for a game to circumvent a game designers intentions for the end users participation - best just not bother to even start a game if you aint got what it takes to play it as intended. If a game designer wants you to cheat they will give you the option or make you use a little grey matter.

Other than that we dont want to hear any more about hacking of software lest it encourage the wrong ideas and the wrong kind of user to this forum. If you know of such things then keep it to yourself.

"I am and forever will be your friend"
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2006 08:37 Edited at: 17th Jun 2006 08:40
uman, i dont think thats what he means.

any user that knows fpi scripting can change and modify theire copy of the game, and since data is processed on your own machine, its relitively easy to do.

if you put in the global script PLAYERADDHEALTH, or something similar, you will keep gaining health....unless of course you use something like FPSpack...

atleast thats what i think hes talking about...

if this thread talks about actually hacking software, it will be locked immediatly.

http://www.seqoiagames.com/seqoiacorp/
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2006 14:37
BULLSHOCK 2,

Yes I understand the general thrust of the meaning and intention of the post by the original poster and content in the other posts.

I'll free it up and keep an eye on it.

the_winch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2006 15:57 Edited at: 17th Jun 2006 15:58
Quote: "So how can you possibly stop online hacking of the games you create? I read that there is no coding, so it seems impossible."

I think it is almost impossible. The source code for the engine is available. The engine needs to read scripts and media unecrypted from disk.
I think it would take considerable skill and time for a third party to add any reasonably protection. I think most people capable of such a task wouldn't be using fpsc in the first place so I don't think it will ever appear unless tgc do it.

Quote: "unless of course you use something like FPSpack"

FPSpack has some nice features but it does not provide any meaningfull protection. Anyone can search this forum for "fpspack" and find out how to get an unprotected copy of the game using nothing more than windows explorer.

By way of demonstration, he emitted a batlike squeak that was indeed bothersome.
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2006 16:33
See what I mean - dont go making suggestions how a user may be able to get into a distributed packed game and gain access to any of its media.

Locked now and it will stay locked.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 21:24:57
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 21:24:57