Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Voices like Q3

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
How can I put in my game voices like in Quake 3?
e.g.: Jump here to reach the armor.
Beat Crash to win this Arena.
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2006 09:57
I know you are new here but the next time you have questions please try to post them all in one thread instad of making multiple ones.
BTW welcome to the forums.

Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2006 10:37
you have something called soundzones . You place it in the level, then right click it and look for the place to assign it a .wav file or .ogg.

XFoob
Years of Service
User Offline
I was thinking to a program to speech voices like in Q3.
Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2006 22:48
The only way you'll do it (believably) is to get someone with a low voice...a really deep, low voice to record sound-clips.

AE

uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2006 02:13
AE is about right there.

Most voice generation progs that I know of are OK with enough work put into the output to produce a result which might be suitable for a WIP for personal use say - but the results are not really good enough to go with a finished game if you want a professional appearance to it.

Theres not really any substitute for the human voice box at a pro sounding level at the moment that I know of anyway.

"I am and forever will be your friend"
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2006 03:33
Uhh... at&t IS very good. The issue is that you need a complete TTS engine. You need to add in the phenetical spelling instead of the words, and you need break points... stuff... you know... ways to personalize what is being said.

My Government sucks, join the rebellion!
One can only know so much, only comprehend the world to a point. After that we exist as impressionable beings. Doing nothing, being nothing, forever nothing.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 21:27:15
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 21:27:15