Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Cluckie Egg:The Retro Days

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I won't clog this page up with pics as they are on the Cluckie Egg temp site that you can access by hitting the "WWW" button beneath this post.. I have added a new pic of the menu in progress to screen page 2, it's still very basic and the textures are changed due to a "nasty" appearing after patch 4 and having not much time to play with I have decided to re-work the way I handled the platforms and textures, anyway at present I am barly on schedual (the extension should make it viable) so this may or maynot make the dead line, if it does I doubt it will turn many heads but should make for a reasonable freebee to play around with, it will be released whether or not it makes the deadline..

Out of interest whats the current average minimum specs on machines for an average game? This is running very well on my system at 85 fps on 1024,768( I know it's not looking that graphically intensive mind..), and I imagine should go down as far as a 500mhz at 800*600 with at a push, but is 500mhz a good target to aim for as a minimum spec? or should a lower target be set? I'm just interested in this it's not imperative or infact remotly anything to do with the current or future development of the game, well not at the moment at least...

I'll keep you all posted this week as to whether or not I think it'l be finished in time and update the site as often as I make new progress, the real meat and potato's of the GFX might not make the comp release but there is more to add at some point. My main focus has been on gameplay and interaction of platforms, objects and sounds, I have been trying lots of stuff to make the sound department more interesting but I keep hitting brick walls with it so decided to keep it simple.
1ghz Cel,512 sdram 133,Gf2 MX 400 64,SBL 5.1,Win98
Best Upcoming MMOG - http://WWW.Atriarch.com
Project: Card Game with No Name
Matto
Years of Service
User Offline
It's been a good night tonight as I have gotten the game integrating between the menu and levels quickly and smoothly, a couple more nights and I will be adding to the visuals, gameplay has to come first and now thats pretty much wrapped I can soon add some eye candy and hopfully better models.. Woohoo

Matto
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2003 03:08 Edited at: 8th Apr 2003 03:12
Umm Even though a week or so back I could have sworn I had plenty of time to finish this for the competition, the last week has been somewhat of a nightmare, extra work from both jobs and the new baby has demanded alot of attention and even though I gave it all I could it just wasn't enough to finish the game for the competition, I am bitterly disapointed that this is the case, but have to accept that am pleased with what I have in coding terms, the art work needs dia attention I know..

I will finish it now I have started, although I have no idea when it will be ready, I'll pop a couple of shots of levels 2 and 3 on the site which are pretty much complete, I can post a basic beta version up if anyone wants to see what I have so far.. but it will need someone kind enough to house it for you all to Download it from.. any offers for this too Martin@Mbuscombe.freeserve.co.uk.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 21:40:44
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 21:40:44