Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] My 1 get in trouble question (i hope not)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2006 02:31
Alright this in defence to jonathan *the noobish one who posted about ww3* and defence to *i cant remember his name but he was the HELL FURY guy*

Anyways here goes

How come keithc and mods keep locking his mods when ive been told by van B and other old mods here that if you dont have screenshots you post in fpsc chat because it was aloud here...how come all the sudden their getting their threads locked because of somthing that i always thought was a general understanding of O.K.???

http://ninjasoftforum.proboards107.com
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2006 02:35
Probably for the same reasons that these forums went to crap before...because no one wanted to bother. What he posted would belong in the Showcase thread, if it had enough meat to it. Since it didn't, it's not allowed in showcase.

-Keith

Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2006 02:40
Yes but since its not allowed in the showcase becaus he doesnt have screenshots isnt it aloud in fpsc chat because its discussing a story line *talking about hells fury*?

http://ninjasoftforum.proboards107.com
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2006 03:10
Let's put it this way. He had next to nothing to show, therefore it would be hard to critique anything (which I assume is why he put it up here); if he did have something to show, then it would automatically belong in the Showcase board.

What he did show us was a very brief intro to a sketched out idea of a beginning of something; not to sound harsh, but we don't need to clog the Chat board with someone's personal logs on their game design. If I went to Models and Media board and posted a 'cube', then told everyone that it's going to be something great someday...what do you think the responses would be?

We are trying to keep this place free from forum cloggin post/threads. But what really started to set me off, is when he began to start up multiple threads after I and others told him to wait till he had something to show.

The forums you used to know are no more:

-Members will not be ridiculed.

-Members will not be cursed at.

-Members will not have their threads taken over with reams of garbage.

-Members will not get to use these forums as their personal "soapbox".

So far we have been pretty lenient here, but the individuals who think they can do as they wish here will find themselves banned anywhere from a few months to a year or more. If someone doesn't like what's happening, they are more than welcome to discuss it in a decent manner (such as you are doing); or they can leave, it's as simple as that.

-Keith

Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2006 03:11
If that ruleing fails, expect 20 threads from me titled "my 1337 new STORY (sorry, too lazy to make 'game')"

Vanbeck avoided conflict... nothing more. He would moderate where it was needed, as did many of the other mods, but imposing a strict statute was not in his goals. Only recently has the statue of 'no Riker9 threads' been made, even though every riker9 thread there is has been locked due to flaming.

Similarly, story threads die fast, you go on about how cool the story is, yet don't like it when people poke holes in it. Critize... kill... you understand?

My Government sucks, join the rebellion!
One can only know so much, only comprehend the world to a point. After that we exist as impressionable beings. Doing nothing, being nothing, forever nothing.
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2006 03:35 Edited at: 17th Jun 2006 03:40
I may have not seen all posts previously by Mods prior to the new FPSC Mods becoming active here... but I have said this before - that was then and this is now. The forum has changed and it will continue to do so.

Now...we have some new Mods...

Posts must be accessed by the Mods on their individual content by the original poster and any subsequent posts following - so personally I would not give a definative answer.

If a Mod takes some action or none based on the original content or further posting to the thread then thats the answer in each case - the post is either allowed or not allowed as the case may be. From that you will know whats allowed and what is not.

EDIT - this one is almost at the end of its life already.

"I am and forever will be your friend"
Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2006 05:30 Edited at: 17th Jun 2006 05:35
Keith and Uman are right.

And I scour all of these boards and have done so since the original, single FPSC board began, and I have never seen a mod say that if it doesn't belong in Showcase, then dump it here. Oddly enough the Chat board doesn't have a "Please Read Before Posting" announcement thread, but it could use one. A storyline or "I'm making a game" thread is not admissable here, since it isn't relevant to FPSC. Fine, you're making a game (which happens to be made in FPSC)--that doesn't mean it has anything to do with the program.

Talk about your games belongs in the Showcase board, period, and even there it has to abide by the rules laid out in Rich's announcement thread.

You've been here for quite a while, Bloodeath, but storyline threads plagued us for a long time. EA spawned a truckload of storyline threads--and when everything was in the one board, it was much worse. When Rich split the boards, trekking into the Showcase board was something you feared. When V1 hit, that truckload of threads exploded into a whole continent of storyline and "I'm making a game" threads. You just couldn't handle it.

Fact is we don't need to know your storyline, or that you're making a game. When you've actually got the game, great--we'd love to see it. But reading a page-long story is just not worth it, period. Especially when more than half of those games are never made.

EDIT: And the "Hell Fury" guy (Worldwar) became angry and posted mulitple (two, although one of them was an apolgy one) threads directed at Keith and I. He knew that it wasn't allowed, but he still posted it (because according to him, he read the Showcase thread "a long time ago"). That's in the past though, and I don't really care. Perhaps I should stop "faux-modding" myself for a while. I've probably done that enough already .

Evil has a new name. Demo out now!
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2006 05:58
I concur with the other mods.Whatever happened before is no more.Things are different now.
The forums are already a better place and people are returning to post from time to time.
The rest of the mods might be perfect.I am not.If I make a mistake I make a mistake.I am human.
Uman is right.This thread is pretty much dead.I hope the mod themed threads stop.It is a waste of forum space and there are more important things to worry about.
I'm locking this.

uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2006 06:09 Edited at: 17th Jun 2006 06:09
Fred,

Again I wholeheartedly support your actions.

This forum is not a debating chamber for Moderator decison making and my comments at least if any at all in that area will be restricted to being precise and to the point as in my post above.

"I am and forever will be your friend"

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 21:35:01
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 21:35:01