Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / cd burning trouble

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I built my game and it is saved on my computer, but when i try to play it, the game loads and then errors pop up, like could not unzip and dark pro expansion thingy. I use memorax cd-rw cd's. please help me.
Shark
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2006 04:19 Edited at: 17th Jun 2006 04:20
You cant load the game from cds. Its just not yet possible. You have to put it on the computer before using it. Or make an installer

Hi
Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2006 04:29
Hold on--it sounds a bit like you're contradicting yourself.

You said you saved it to your computer and it didn't work--but where does the CD-RW come into it?

If you accidentely said "computer" instead of "CD-RW", then I can help. Basically, you can not run a game off of a CD--whether it's an RW or not. FPSC-Game.exe (the engine) needs to unzip files and place them into folders for the level to run--it can't do that on CDs, period. Your best bet is to make an installer with a program such as Clickteam's Install Creator, and make it install on the computer, rather then run off the CD.

Evil has a new name. Demo out now!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 21:26:24
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 21:26:24