Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Patch/Update/V2 Inquiry

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2006 19:48
Yes, I did a search first on this topic. The most recent post on "patch" was in April and the most recent news from TGC on this issue dates back to Feb.

It's been a year. Editors have been released. Model packs are being sold. 3rd party products are being bred like rabbits. Yet, bug fixes and enhancements are no where to be found…not a single patch or update offered.

My question is this: Aren't the hundreds of paying customers of V1 and the hundreds of even older EA users entitled to at least regular and official updates on the progress of bug fixes and enhancements? I realize it is impractical to expect TGC to give us a release date, but I mean come on man.

I'm not trying to flame TGC or anyone else with this. I just think it's an issue that should be given more public attention. We'll buy all the model packs you can throw at us...later. Put those on hold and fix the bugs, add a save/load feature, etc, etc.

I just can't help but think sometimes that FPSC is headed straight towards that support black hole that T3DGM slid into...sold but not supported.

Please, no flaming, hijacking, or any other posting behavior that could potentially get my thread locked before there has been some legitimate, meaningful discussion and/or response from TGC. Thank you.

"Trust no one" --Deepthroat (X-Files)
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2006 19:55
Indeed, an update maybe once a month on the progress would be cool. Just to kinda let us know-"Hey were still on the job". Right now were kinda forced to create game well within the programs limitations. Im sure with an update or at least a progreass report we could at least plan something better for the future when the release is accully made. I totally feel ya SkyCubes.

jermaine
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2006 19:59
i wish they would just say if they are working on v2.
Give us a little bit of a to do lst or something.
but hey i just bought fpscreator and i'm content with it..... so far.

HI
SkyCubes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2006 20:04
Quote: "Indeed, an update maybe once a month on the progress would be cool."

That's what I was thinking. Perhaps a new and regular section in the newsletter called "FPSC Update" or something.

It would also be nice if we knew what the overall strategy was in terms of updating FPSC. By that I mean is the strategy to address major bug fixes with small, individual patches, or are they putting all their eggs into one basket so-to-speak with a huge "V2" upgrade. Personally, I think the piece-meal approach is a better one, but I'm neither a programmer nor a software company executive.

transient
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2006 20:21
Quote: "FPSC is not dead, it -will- be updated, it is still a very young product. For now our concentration is on creating tools for DBPro and DGDK, the very base on which FPSC is built. The enhancements will filter down."

This "TGC don't love me" stuff has been addressed before, and I guess will be again.

and again.....

and again.....

and etc.
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 17th Jun 2006 20:29
TGC has also stated that they will not publish speculation. It's just not good policy to talk about what you are working on and trying to accomplish with a product update because people will hold you to it. FPCS will get an update, whatever that happens to be remains to be seen, but TGC will not discuss any new features or fixes until they are completed.

Crazy Grandpa
Stamina
Years of Service
User Offline
My 2 cents. Why not just work with what you have for now, learn ways around stuff, improve your own skills which will only enhance your final product once an update or new version comes out with less limitations.

Thats what I see others doing, including myself.

I didnt expect a half life 2 type product for the price I paid for this , but what it did do was give me a cheaper alternative to begin my progression into game design.

If your far too advanced for this product already, then take your skills to something more advanced and have at it.

Until then, explore the product, tinker with the scripts and have fun instead of drowning yourselves with this " where's an update", "Why dont they tell us something" attitude.
SkyCubes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2006 21:00
Quote: "Until then, explore the product, tinker with the scripts and have fun instead of drowning yourselves with this " where's an update", "Why dont they tell us something" attitude."

I have and continue to do what you suggest, Stamina. However, that really isn't the issue. The issue is that I, like all other legal FPSC users, are consumers who have purchased a consumer product. While I (we) may not have a legitimate gripe about enhancements to FPSC, we do when it comes to bugs. If a bug keeps the product from doing what it was advertised and sold to do, then we as consumers are entitled to either a fix or a refund. Please, don't slippery-slope that statement. I'm in no way asking for or implying that I want a refund. I just happen to think a progress update from time to time is a resonable request.

SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2006 21:18
Just because FPSC has had no updates, does not mean it is the end of the world. If all your doing in your free time is using FPSC, then I suggest that you should get some other hobbies.

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2006 21:19
i also do DBP so you dont hear me complaining.

[href]gamemasterengine.galekus.com[/href]
or in the WIP forums.(MMlevel is back!)
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2006 21:23 Edited at: 17th Jun 2006 21:48
With no offence meant to anyone - this is another post which is a waste of space.

Whatever users think - and I am not taking any sides here - just reiterating the position as I understand it - as has been stated on many an occasion by TGC and I read a some recent posts from TGC to substantiate this.

1.The situation regarding any update is well documented and known by anyone who cares to keep up with the forums. i.e. FPSC is to be updated at such time as - stability being the foremost issue can be achieved by incorporating DPPro engine developments so until that is complete no progress will or indeed can be made with regard to FPSC as far as TGC is concerned.

2. TGC policy on any forcasting of future FPSC development is clear as they have vigorously reiterated recently : they have no intention as a matter of policy of keeping members informed on any kind of regular basis regarding their plans for development and that is out of the question as far as they are concerned. They will decide when to do so is appropriate and that is unlikely to be before the imminent approach of any update. No speculative comments will be forthcoming from them.

TGC could not have been any clearer from what I have read - they have categorically said that those policies "Will Not Change"

Sorry you just have to wait in the partial darkness and be patient or not as the case may be.

Given that this is the case you are just wasting your and everyones time with this thread content and any debate regarding it.

Again I must make it clear that posts which have no point in their existance and which just act as space fillers needlessly at the forum are unlikely to be well received or considered by the Mods.

"I am and forever will be your friend"
transient
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2006 21:29
We do get progress updates, from time to time, like the one I posted.

There's usually something about FPSC in every newsletter.

Maybe these sorts of posts should become extinct as part of the Jihad that's currently going in these forums, as they always lead to a flame war, and are basically nonsense anyway.

I really think that this sort of disgruntled consumer stuff is a personal issue between TGC and the dissatisfied minority, and perhaps is better dealt with that way.

Either that or a sticky where these posts can go to die a natural death.

Please?
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2006 21:49
The point is made.

"I am and forever will be your friend"

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 21:29:42
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 21:29:42