Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Is there a set limit to how many polys in a game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I want to no from a person who works with FPSC to answer this quistion .

Is there a set limit to how many polys per level just wondering?

Cheers
bloodandgore

BLOOOOD AND GORE
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2006 23:35
It depends on what you mean by limit,The more pollys the more your perfomance can decrease. some of the enemies are over 2000 pollys if that helps any, but if you put a huge amout of enemies in a room you will get an atrocious framrate. If you make a level too big you will get the same result. It can handle high polly, just in moderation.

Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2006 01:03
anywhere under 4k polys is where its set to per id say dynamic entity

static entites keep real real real low

http://ninjasoftforum.proboards107.com
Bulletsoft OWNER
Years of Service
User Offline
alright thanks guys and by the way is there a limite to how many AI scripts i can have just wondering?

Cheers
bloodandgore

BLOOOOD AND GORE
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2006 01:50 Edited at: 19th Jun 2006 01:53
There is currently a script limit of approaching 200 AI scripts total allowed which may reside in the FPSC folders. The exact number is probaly a little erratic in each case but FPSC wont allow more than 200 currently.

I have 198 and thats my lot.

Dont try and hold anyone to this but this is to be possibly extended to 2000 and additionally upwards expanding thereafter without limit. I cannot say when this may become a reality but in an update - which one I cant say as I dont know and would not say even if I did. Its not my place to do so.

There is in my opinion which is currently unconfirmed still a map object limit - as I get one. It was supposed to have been removed in V1 development when I reported it and at one time I believed it to be so - though since I have had it return. - I have no idea exactly how this is determined by the engine - but you will know when you reach it. As it appears it relates to segments or possibly the enities (.x files) from which they are composed then when you exceed the limit your map will refuse to run if you load any further segments. I have asked for the map object to be looked at again and if possible removed comletely - though I have no confirmation that this will be so - as I did not seek it.

Both these limits will one way or another stop a game from being developed - the solution is to reduce the number of offending media quanities associated in each case which will allow the games or levels to run either in editor or at compiled game run time in cases where each is applicable. So dont panic and dump your levels if you reach a limit thinking you cant repair them - just recongnise it and fix it and they will run again.

As to poly limits - theorectically as far as I know there is no imposed engine limit in source - but there always is in practice I guess.

"I am and forever will be your friend"

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 21:29:32
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 21:29:32