Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / entering a different level

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2006 05:13
i just want to know if it possible when the player goes through a door he enters a differnet level?

I know its possible(or is it?) but how is it done?

HI
Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2006 05:20 Edited at: 19th Jun 2006 05:21
It is possible, but it'd take a bit of thinking.

Basically, you want to make the door so that its "IfUsed" is itself (making sure you named it different to other doors). Basically, then you make it an objective (make the objective field equal 1--provided it's the only objective in the map).

Now, I'd think there'd be more to it (possibly, in fact likely, being that you need to open the script and add "activate=1" as an action after you open the door), but that may suffice. Give it a shot, and see how it goes.

Evil has a new name. Demo out now!
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2006 05:20
put a winzone down in the spot you want to do the transfer. Check your manual out, its a facesaver.

Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2006 05:22
Actually, thinking about it, Disturbing's alternative would probably do--just make the room you walk into exactly the same as the room you start at on the next level, and voila. Taking the step inside will make it look more realistic, actually.

Evil has a new name. Demo out now!
jermaine
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2006 07:10
thanks
ok i dont want tomake a new thread for this so i will ask in this topic.
Is there a way i can make it so when the player collides with a object a message would appear?

can someone tell how

HI
jermaine
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2006 07:15
^or another action would happen like health would go down or something

HI
Pus In Boots
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2006 22:03
ive tried this before, its easier said than done. i never quite got it working, but good luck with that.

You don't have to be insane to answer my questions, but it helps

visit www.gameshell.tk
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2006 22:12
Health down:

something like:

That should decrease health by 20 when collision is there.

Many tales has bein told about me,and there where i came from.Most bad ones are true.The good ones are false...

Join the dark side and be a legend...
MR useless
Years of Service
User Offline
um as far as a messege you couls make it like usuble and just do nothig, like so the enter to use mesage aperse. or you could make it toggle a hud, such ass say it is somthing toxic you can make a toxic simple aparer as a hud and then you can make it lose u lose health.

visit FLASH AFECT
http://www.freewebs.com/mruseless/
Me Self
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2006 05:15 Edited at: 21st Jun 2006 05:15
Woa , its very simple , place a static door , add a winzone , cretae another level add a winzone at your choice , select the maps in order build game test it then it should work . But im not very sure abou the text thing your talking about .
Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
All of you are very wrong! Jermaine, it is very simple. Make a hud for the message to appear and save as any image format. Then convert it to a .dds (Try using Google DDS Converter for this) and then you can use simple scripting to get it to appear. Simply use plrdistwithin=40 (for example) and then put the other commands in that will make it work. Refer to the manual on how to script, and you'll get the hang of it!

Tom

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 21:34:09
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 21:34:09