Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2006 18:50
How do you add a vent into the wall?

I've added one but the wall is always blocking me getting though it?

www.netdemons.co.uk - Creator of Recon : Crypt
Gamertag : Memory X2
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 20th Jun 2006 19:03
The short wall and full wall do not allow vents, windows or doors. Use another wall.

Crazy Grandpa
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2006 20:38
Netdemons,

Please search to see if you can find an answer before asking your question.

I'll leave you search for an answer to this first.

Try reading the FPSC Manual.

"I am and forever will be your friend"
Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
As xplosys already mentioned, the Wall Small and Wall Large segments cannot have any doors, windows or vents going through it, as these will not work. Use a segment wall instead. Select a room segment and press M to paint only walls. As uman mentioned, try reading the manual and also please do search before posting. Hope you find this useful,

Tom

Candle_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2006 01:18
They really do need a better search for this forum.

uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2006 01:30 Edited at: 22nd Jun 2006 01:40
Searching does not always return the best results for a number of reasons but at least users can try and if an answer is not found the many helpful members here are sure to be able to.

The manual is also very useful in many instances (though not all) as it does answer many of the basic questions any new user particularly may need to find answers too.

For instance : The manual will tell you how to use corridors and the differing type duct segments to successfully join them to a room.

There are different types of end segments for corridors and ducts (and doors) to use when joining with rooms or walls which should be used to achieve success in differing circumstances - which the manual explains perhaps more clearly than could be done easily here.

Making a small test level and trying out all the different pieces of duct, corridor, doors, walls and so should quickly return a result in the learning process.

If you are placing anything that needs to punch or cut through a wall such as doors or vents or even corridors where they join walls or rooms - always do so using walls that are placed as part of room segments.

As to the search facility here - Not sure how much work that would be for TGC to achieve a better search result. Its more likely that this could be achieved by the users by using sensible titles and naming conventions/content in threads together with an organised method of managing the forum content - and by keeping threads on topic - something which many users and the Mods are now trying to achieve.

If we can work together the forum will be a better place and all will be able to benefit from any improvements in many ways.

TGC do what they can but users will need to play their part and TGC will expect them too if you want these things. There is a limit to what TGC can do to give you the best of everything - its much a matter of working together towards an end goal of better for all.

"I am and forever will be your friend"

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 21:27:44
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 21:27:44