Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Grenade launcher up for grabs

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2006 03:06
I've now completed my grenade launcher, but I'm having a major problem.

The launcher has a 6 shot drum magazine, so the player can plonk out 6 grenades before re-loading. Everything works fine, until the 4th grenade....

if I fire them individually its ok, but when you shoot off a whole clip, I get an illegal object error when I fire the 4th shot!!

So, if anyone can tell me how to solve this, I'll give them a free copy of the completed launcher (cuz without them it wont work!!)

As with all the guns I've been making a non-pickup entity non-vweap basic version will be available free anyway, but if someone can solve this for me, I'll drop them the full product.

Cheers, Butters.

PS. (if of course there is a max-flak limit hard coded in the engine that's causing the crash, then...... Im screwed.)

"It's often better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you're an idiot, than to open it and confirm their suspisions" - Noel Coward
Rick M
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2006 03:37 Edited at: 23rd Jun 2006 03:41
I couldn't script if my life depended on it, but i suggest, if possible, if you shoot off 3 grenades really fast, after the third one it stops and wont shoot, and you get a HUD saying, OVER HEATED BARREL-COOLDOWN IN PROGRESS-COOL DOWN COMPLETE, and 2 seconds after that, you can shoot again. I highly doubght this is possible, but just a suggestion.

P.S., if it works, could you send it to me first, through email, if you want, totaly up to you.

In Russia, Zombie Shoots You!
Me Self
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2006 03:41 Edited at: 23rd Jun 2006 03:47
Are you using it in test mode? that happens to me in test mode if i use to many milsno36 grenades . But it works fine in the final build. But its odd how the rocket launcher dosent do that error :/
Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2006 03:48
@Rick M

As usual Rick, it's creative, but not really possible! Not a bad idea tho, I'm trying to implement something similar with the dual chainguns for the final release

@me self.. i tried that and you're right. You legend you.

I tried to hug you but got a shock from the back of the monitor.

When the texture is done I'll send you a copy of the gun.

Leave me your email k?

butters

ps, I've sorted it for test game by setting the explode timer so there can never be more than 2 grenades on the screen at once, by the time you can fire the third, the first has exploded

"It's often better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you're an idiot, than to open it and confirm their suspisions" - Noel Coward
Rick M
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2006 03:51
Do I get one butterfingers, I tried.., I can't help I'm creative

Me Self
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2006 03:54 Edited at: 23rd Jun 2006 03:55
@Rick M
Good thinking , but it would take alot of work

@Butter Fingers
Inuyasha231@msn.com Oh and dont get shocked again :p
Rick M
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2006 03:55
@me self, thanks!

@butterfingers, you gonna send me those screenies soon? No rush to you my friend just a question.

Me Self
Years of Service
User Offline
hehe butters , while looking through my threads look what i found
grenade glitch
Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2006 14:06
hey dude.

I tried a built game and it worked, but then when I tried it again later in a full level, it just crashed into oblivion!

So I'm totally stuck.

I'll still send you a copy of it on the off chance you can get it working. And I'll include some other bits and bobs, because I'm probably gonna give the gun away free since it doesn't work.

Peace

butters

Me Self
Years of Service
User Offline
Hmm , dam i thought it was just a glitch in test mode , hmm il try to work somting

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 21:26:09
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 21:26:09