Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Q: Piracy Thread

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2006 02:50
I understand why it is locked... What I am asking here is if the topic of piracy is allowed? I understand crows view that the sacrid words of piracy (which just typing the word into google will pull up) should be hidden... but to construct any meaningful debate you need to use such words.

Although this probally does belong in the GC board, I particulary wanted to finish the disscussion I was having before and also wanted to avoid one of the biggest advocaters of non-free-(the-world-is-how-I-say-it-is) thinking. An advocater who truely takes offensive stature twords me and I leave it at that.

My Government sucks, join the rebellion!
One can only know so much, only comprehend the world to a point. After that we exist as impressionable beings. Doing nothing, being nothing, forever nothing.
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2006 09:50
The problem is that we're a software company. We make our money from selling software, and nothing else. Therefore piracy is a big issue for us, and to see torrent links and the like posted (or even talked about) kind of, well.. pisses us off, to be honest. We therefore extend that feeling to the discussion of piracy no matter what piece of software it relates to (3DS Max, Maya, games, etc). In short if you need to discuss piracy, in any way shape or form, for any reason at all - don't do it here. There are many forums that allow it, but I'm afraid this isn't one.

Bite my shiny metal ass

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 21:31:36
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 21:31:36