Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / uploading files

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2006 08:24
ok i'm bout to release a demoof my game but i have a quick question.
am i suppose to zip all the models up to one folder or can i just upload the plain .exe?
(i'm new to this sorry)

HI
Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2006 09:17
You can not simply upload the .exe--that's only the engine that is directed to the media--which is integral to get it to run.

The best suggestion is to get FPSPack (Lite if you don't want to pay) and then upload that .exe, or put it into a zip or installer and upload that. You can't just "zip" the models either, since the engine needs to know where the media is directly.

Evil has a new name. Demo out now!
killer gamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Or you could get install creator and make an install file containing every file...Thats what I do

This chainsaw made for chopeing and thats just will do...Ahhhhhhhhh NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!...HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
jermaine
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2006 18:41
ok i got install creator i just have more question I am suppose to include the entire project folder right?

The models and game core and entity bank and all. Cause it 88mb file on my pc.

HI
jermaine
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2006 18:57 Edited at: 24th Jun 2006 18:57
ok i see now
ignore that last post

HI
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2006 19:18
reduce filesize by removing the engine and any NON-custom media. People with FPSC can just download a tiny file collide it with their files folder and test it out.

Your Mod was deleted by the Government.
One can only know so much, only comprehend the world to a point. After that we exist as impressionable beings. Doing nothing, being nothing, forever nothing.
the_winch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2006 20:20 Edited at: 24th Jun 2006 20:21
Quote: "reduce filesize by removing the engine and any NON-custom media. People with FPSC can just download a tiny file collide it with their files folder and test it out."

Who is going to bother doing all that just to play a demo? Perhaps if you provided a program to do it for the user.

I'd just zip the game folder up and distribute that. Use a self extracting 7-zip as they compress quite a bit better than zip.

I don't like installers for demos. I've got to click through the installer, find the shortcut in the start menu to run it then find the uninstaller when I want to remove it.

By way of demonstration, he emitted a batlike squeak that was indeed bothersome.
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2006 21:45
Quote: "Perhaps if you provided a program to do it for the user."

Perhaps if I knew how to make a file records list... just a simple bat after that

del %filerecordlist% (i think...)

Your Mod was deleted by the Government.
One can only know so much, only comprehend the world to a point. After that we exist as impressionable beings. Doing nothing, being nothing, forever nothing.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 21:31:46
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 21:31:46