Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Multiplayer Hosting Help!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I know theres been a thread about this before, but I did a search and couldnt find it, sorry (really, I am). Anyways, in multiplayer when I host a game, I am the first person in the game. This is unfair to other players, becuase now I can just go and grab the best gun the map (quite obvious where it is too, smack dab in the middle). I think I remember someone on the other thread saying that this is inevidable, but I just want to make sure. Thanks again for all the support!
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2006 16:37
One thing you can do to work around such is to set weapons to respawn so when you pick one up it will then respwn another so that another player can collect one of the same kind of weapon as you or the first player into the game can have

Something I do would be to make sure that each and every player entering the game has an oportunity to collect a weapon of equivalent power to any other player by designing the level and placement of players entering the game accordingly.

This to give each player a fair chance.

To make it interesting of course one could design the level so that by design a single weapon of obvious power advantage could be placed somewhere and the level designed to give each player an equal opportunity to collect it. That too could respawn so even if a player collects it - if you supply it with limited ammo then even the first player to pick it up could be forced to have to recollect it or additional ammo so as to maintain a lost advantage - before another user beats him to it.

Its a bit like setting up a quad damage power scenario in Quake - just make things so that any advantage does not last long and any player is forced to battle using some ingenuity to gain ongoing superiority.

"I am and forever will be your friend"
Dragula666
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you very much, I hadn't thought of that!
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2006 19:23
or better yet... make it a disadvantaged advantage. have :plrdistwithin=60:plraddhealth=-100 on the weapon.fpi script

Your Mod was deleted by the Government.
One can only know so much, only comprehend the world to a point. After that we exist as impressionable beings. Doing nothing, being nothing, forever nothing.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 21:34:08
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 21:34:08