Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Why do BDPro users get the source, but FPSC users dont?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Maybe Ive totaly missunderstood here.

But is it true that BDPro now includes the source for the FPSC engine?
If it is True, why doesnt FPSC include the source for FPSCs engine?

H&K
jermaine
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2006 05:48
you wouldnt be able to compile it with out dbpro anyway.

HI
HandK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2006 05:52 Edited at: 30th Jun 2006 05:53
And?

I would still have it. And then if I had BDPro, I could complile it. I just think it should have been given to fpsc buyers, and not DBPro buyers. And If it was in an open text format I could Look at it in somthing else. I dont need to compile it, I already have FPSC

AND, if I had it, I could look at it in the demo if DBPro, and then might buy BDPro.

H&K
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2006 05:55 Edited at: 30th Jun 2006 05:59
Quote: "I would still have it. And then if I had BDPro, I could complile it. I just think it should have been given to fpsc buyers, and not DBPro buyers. And If it was in an open text format I could Look at it in somthing else. I dont need to compile it, I already have FPSC"

It IS in an 'open text' format. dba files are just that, plain text. You can open them in Notepad.

And it ISN'T given to just DBPro users! It's a free download. Anyone can download it. You, your neighbour, your pet cat. We don't care. It's there for all.

Can you compile it without DBPro? Nope. So is it any use? Perhaps, decide for yourself by downloading it and having a look.

Some people need to look (at our web site) more carefully before they rant about something that isn't actually true.

It just occured to me that you're going to ask 'WHERE IS IT THEN!!' (etc etc) so here's the link:

http://darkbasicpro.thegamecreators.com/?f=upgrade_5_9

You want the Upgrade 5.9 Extras file. It's in the Projects folder.

Bite my shiny metal ass
HandK
Years of Service
User Offline
@ Rich

Quote: "Maybe Ive totaly missunderstood here"

It was a quetion to raise just the anwser you gave, the rant was at "Why do you want it"

Errrr, where is it. (I did look first, even downloaded the demo of bdpro)

H&K
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2006 06:00
Yeah I guessed. See my edited post above.

Bite my shiny metal ass
Candle_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2006 06:50
Lots of errors when trying to compile.

Zerodin
Years of Service
User Offline
Getting away from doing alot of coding is why I bought this in the first place! LOL

"Mushrooms, Snakes, and you!" the selfhelp book for badgers
Maeko
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2006 07:16
It's freaking DARK BASIC PRO!! NOT BASIC DARK PRO!!

Give a man some bullets, and he'll want a gun. Give a man a gun and he'll be giving away the bullets!!
HandK
Years of Service
User Offline

If I was perfect, I wouldnt have to have asked at all
Its this virus I have on my computer, when ever I type something it scans it and changes spelling and grammer. Sometimes it has been known for it to be going to have had the tences changed

H&K
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2006 14:56
People should remember how easy it is to actually just load a FPSC level into DBPro - some would consider that alone to be a good start to your own custom FPS, let alone the full engine source.

I mean, along with some plugins and the right attitude that's the best way to use FPSC and DBPro together in a project. Non coders should not be surprised when they can't understand the code - coders should not be surprised either, because nobody understands other coders work totally, well maybe college fuelled VB programmers but that's a whole different animal.

Aegrescit medendo
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2006 17:10
Quote: "People should remember how easy it is to actually just load a FPSC level into DBPro "

i remember

Quote: "some would consider that alone to be a good start to your own custom FPS, let alone the full engine source.
"

even if you had DBP.the source is worthless without the expension pack.

Many tales has bein told about me,and there where i came from.Most bad ones are true.The good ones are false...
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2006 17:17
Or the free cut down version of the expansion pack...

What was it Rich said about facts and complaining about them

Aegrescit medendo
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2006 17:35
theres a free one?

never noticed that one.

Many tales has bein told about me,and there where i came from.Most bad ones are true.The good ones are false...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 23:21:18
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 23:21:18