Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / dont buy from accode!

Author
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2006 08:29 Edited at: 24th Sep 2006 08:37
I think you should have checked out the readme file before making comments and dirtying someone’s name on this forum. I have bought the packs from him back in 21 Nov 2005 and had no problems and I also downloaded the dog model then to. When I notice that people were talking about this dog I check and he does clearly credit psionic3d for the model. If he does not claim that he made the dog and clearly he did by the readme then there is no grounds to that he claims it. Like Conjured Entertainment said
Quote: "presumed innocent until proven guilty"

Please note that this is the readme file that I downloaded back Nov 2005, I sure it should still say the same today.

Quote: "Dog pack for FPS Creator
www.accode.com

Dog model created by www.psionic3d.co.uk
Skins created by ACCODE's designers

copy all files into the ...Filesentitybankww2characters folder"

www.combatjunkies.co.uk
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2006 08:46
What about the rest of his stuff?Did he make that?
What about all of the people who bought his stuff and never got it?
What about the people who bought his stuff and when it didn't work properly got no customer service whatsoever?

Deathcow
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2006 09:21
Yes you have a point with those sorts of issues, if people are not getting the products that their paying for then something should be done about it. The only real action customers can take is reporting it to paypal or their credit card company and get them to investigate it. If it’s not working and you’re not getting support, I think it speaks for itself.

The only thing that I can say about the problems with the packs is that he is using multi-textures and using them on static models, he should have used them on dynamic models which I believe only supports multi-texture. Someone correct me please if I am wrong, but I have tried this and it does fix it kinda.

I think in terms of Copyright, there is really no way to know apart from asking him. If he’s not the Copyright holder then it’s up to the owner of the copyright to take him to the civil courts to proof that. I have no doubt that he is the Copyright holder of the material and I guess you would not ask TGC to prove that they are the copyright holders of FPS Creator. Just so you know in the UK there is no registry for copyright material, so there would be point trying to find it. This is a good site to check about copyright and patents.

http://www.patent.gov.uk/copy/definition.htm

www.combatjunkies.co.uk
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2006 14:44
Yes, the whole dog issue is old. As far as the readme file stating the true author; that's great. However, for those who remember, he was promoting the dog as his own on this site; he didn't change the text on his site until he was confronted about it. But, as was said, the dog issue is dead.

One thing I have noticed, is that over the last year, Accode (Monster) has never come on to defend himself...not once. That doesn't give me a "warm and fuzzy" about the originality of his work. The problem is, is that those of you who are using his packs for anything you hope to turn commercial; don't get upset if the original author spots their work and demand it be removed, and they be compensated.

Then there's the apalling customer service; or his repeated inability to give the customer what they've paid for, or even return their e-mails. As far as "dirtying his name"; he's done that all on his own, by his actions (or inactions).

It's unfortunate that we've had numerous occassions of users coming here to pawn off stolen/"slightly altered" media to the honest members here. If Accode/Monster wants to come here and clear his name, then he should do so; but I'm not holding my breath.

Miguel Melo
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "if someone wants trees they should ask like me..i have like near 30-40 outdoor forest objects that i got for free"

Actually, Bloodeath, I am looking for a couple of good looking low poly trees (real 3d models, not billboards as they will be plainly visible on screen)... any chance you could share a few of those, please?

Many thanks in advance.

I have vague plans for World Domination
CLiPs
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2006 16:26 Edited at: 24th Sep 2006 16:32
Quote: "FPS Creator Forest pack
Copyright(C) Advanced Cyber Code 2005

www.accode.com"

And
Quote: "FPS Creator RailRoad pack

www.accode.com"

And
Quote: "FPS Creator Road pack

www.accode.com"

And
Quote: "FPS Creator Jetpack addon

www.accode.com"

Well he is claiming there is a copyright on each of these packs... there in each readme file also included in the readme file is brief description on how to install each pack well most of them anyways...

I am trying to do a little research on copyright but I can not say one way or another as of this moment. But for those who are using these pack you do have the fall back that you bought that pack from another source then it is up to that modeler to go after him. But these models are probably do not have a copyright at all being nobody has stepped up to claim them as there own.

But also KeithC is totally right if the modeler can prove he is the creator and have his copyright of these packs then you will have to stop selling your product imediately and possibly pull a recall to make changes to your game.

But as far as loosing any money that is highly doubtfull since the modeler would have to prove you stole it from him in which this case you can prove you purchased the product else where. I guess it is up to each indvidual on what they want to do.

To all of us who are ligitimate and do the right thing's when thing's like this popup it totally bites hard for us who are trying to be fair and do the right thing.

Have you downloaded your CLiPs today.
Ginga
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2006 16:44
i noticed one prog on there was 99.99 o i did laff.
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2006 16:51 Edited at: 24th Sep 2006 16:58
Quote: "What about the rest of his stuff?Did he make that?"

It's hard to prove a file is not original and that is not my job.
Good thing people don't have to prove their innocence...how easy is it to prove you authored one of your models as an original work? Most Boxcars look similar. They are just a steel box with wheels. Plain looking ones are too generic to make definite distinctions, which makes the job of proving authenticity even harder.

Quote: "What about all of the people who bought his stuff and never got it?"

Then for the very low price of $3.99 they learned a valuable lesson... "Buyer beware!"

Quote: "What about the people who bought his stuff and when it didn't work properly got no customer service whatsoever?"

How much customer service are you expecting for $3.99?
If it works on his system and not on yours, then isn't your system to blame more than him?
Finding your system's trouble remotely could take a lot of time. (more than 4 bucks worth maybe)

I understand your frustration FredP, but should we fill the forums with stickies about complaints for products and services that are not offered by TGC? I know its nice to give noobs a warning, but this seems a bit like the personal experiences of a few and not the majority of his customers. I am not defending his actions (or lack of action in this case), it's just that this thread seems more like flamebait than a sticky. I think these personal interactions outside the forums (ie. ACCODE purchases) should be handle outside the forum.

Its too bad ACCODE isn't here to defend himself, or is simply choosing not to.

Don't forget to visit Conjured Entertainment
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2006 18:12
Quote: "Its too bad ACCODE isn't here to defend himself, or is simply choosing not to."

It's pretty obvious that Accode/Monster chooses not to defend himself, since this has been going on in these forums (off and on) for many many months; that in itself seems pretty self-incriminating to me. Getting his position (via e-mail) is fruitless, considering his unresponsiveness to his paying customers.

Quote: "Then for the very low price of $3.99 they learned a valuable lesson... "Buyer beware!""

Unfortunately this type of activity/inactivity also makes the buyer wary of all media; this affects all those that are honestly seeking compensation for their original work.

Quote: "How much customer service are you expecting for $3.99?"

If you're charging someone for your work (regardless of the price), then it should be expected to function as advertised; otherwise, you should be ready to answer their questions (within reason) in order to make it work; otherwise, put it in writing on your site that the product may or may not work.

Quote: "but should we fill the forums with stickies about complaints for products and services that are not offered by TGC?"

This is a valid point; however, this particular individual seems to be an ongoing problem. We cannot shut down his site, therefore potential users/customers should be warned. I have no idea if most of his work is his or not, because I have no intention of paying for media that I may or may not get...just to see the wireframes/texture maps. The "dog episode" was enough to make me question the originality of the rest of his work.

Quote: "I think these personal interactions outside the forums (ie. ACCODE purchases) should be handle outside the forum."

That's the problem; they're not being handled at all.

CLiPs
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2006 18:36
Hmmm maybe this can help a bit...
Those of you who have paid and not gotten anything you can goto http://www.cyberplat.com/customer/they got phone numbers and email address to where you can voice your complaint against accode...
You will need verification of payment... your internet reciept is your verification... Or a reciept from your credit card company will also work as a reciept.
This will put him on notice and he will have to send you your product or forfiet any money you have sent him and this goes against him with his method of payment system enough complaints gets that shut down.

No matter if we can or can not prove the work is his is kinda redundant his site is in Russia and there copyright laws are not as strick as the UK or USA even though they have gotten better there in Russia there just not that strick.

Have you downloaded your CLiPs today.
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2006 19:35 Edited at: 24th Sep 2006 19:36
General comment :

Here at the FPSC forums TGC and the Moderators have to make decisions and they will make them. Personally I wont debate them other than to repeat the following.

Copyrights: Irrespective of any copyright laws : at these forums the onus is upon any distributor of materials to provide proof of ownership/rights to copyrights and distribution which meets with the stated rules and guidlines - It is not the end user or purchasers responsibility to seek clarrification of them. If theres any doubt the poster may not get the benefit of it and action may be taken to curtail any such posters activities at these forums.

Bad Practices : At these forums a supplier of goods has the responsibility to ensure the purchaser recieves any goods paid for or refund payment - providing a means to the customer for that to happen without undue inconvenience to the customer. i.e. A Professional and efficient Customer Service promtly dealing with customer purchases and enquiries. Therses no place here for cowboys.

Personally anything that does not meet with those requirements I will comtinue to deal with appropriately.

"I am and forever will be your friend"
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2006 01:15
Quote: "Unfortunately this type of activity/inactivity also makes the buyer wary of all media; this affects all those that are honestly seeking compensation for their original work."

If you don't like throwing your money away, then you should beware of everything you buy.
Monsters or not; due diligence is good business.
Higher prices demand that more caution be taken.
At $3.99, most people would take the loss and not waste more time on him or his products.
It could be an elaborate plan of deception, or it could be something we haven't even thought of.
Only Monster knows for sure what his intentions were/are.

Well, I hope Monster is okay.
It would be a shame if he has been in an accident or something and is laid up in the hospital or worse.
That could be a reason for no e-mail replies or defense posts here.

Hearing his side before he's judged seems more ideal to me.
But, it sounds like it might be too late for that.
Let's not forget all the help the big M gave us when FPSC was first released.
I can remember the day most of us were asking him for script help.

Anyway, I found this thread to be unusual and just wanted to comment on it a bit.

Have fun!

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2006 01:35 Edited at: 25th Sep 2006 02:12
Quote: "It would be a shame if he has been in an accident or something and is laid up in the hospital or worse.
That could be a reason for no e-mail replies or defense posts here."

Unless he's in a coma, then I don't see what's keeping him; it's going on a year pretty soon.

Quote: "If you don't like throwing your money away, then you should beware of everything you buy.
Monsters or not; due diligence is good business."

Sorry, but that doesn't make much sense, are you saying that to keep from being taken advantage of you shouldn't buy anything?

Quote: "At $3.99, most people would take the loss and not waste more time on him or his products."

So does that mean that the people who lost out should be silent? Sorry, but I'm going to have to disagree.

Quote: "It could be an elaborate plan of deception, or it could be something we haven't even thought of."

It seems pretty clear to me.

Deathcow
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2006 01:41
I think this thread should be locked, because I don't think anyone is going to agree. To be truthful I think everyone as made their points rightly or wrongly.

www.combatjunkies.co.uk
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2006 01:50 Edited at: 25th Sep 2006 02:05
Quote: "So does that mean that the people who lost out should be silent? Sorry, but I'm going to have to disagree."

No, and no. I disagree with your meaning too.
There's nothing wrong with free speech.
Air your grievence by all means.
You misunderstood, I simply stated what I thought most people would do in that situation.
I never said what they should or should not do.
Except for the "buyer beware" thing. I say should about that cause it was advice..

Dang, I did use could, should, and would above. Oh well.

Quote: "Unless he's in a coma, then I don't see what's keeping him; it's going on a year pretty soon."

What do you mean "it's going on a year pretty soon", what is?
I'm just being nosey because you got me curious now, but if you don't want to say then that's cool.

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2006 02:11
My beef with him is the same I have with anyone who makes it harder for people to trust that there are artists out there who market their own work, and don't treat customers like second-class citizens.

However, I think that this thread (as a sticky) has served its purpose for now. As such I'll un-stick it in a bit.

Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2006 04:40
Ugg, yes, I am all about the Monster Hating, I even did a monster gig because he did a few things that quite outright annoyied me. I was one of the first to question if he was real due to the rate he churned out the models, I even incited a riot by figuring out a jetpack moments after his initial release of it. And if you ask me, mine is still better (it being free and all, heck, I even modified it to it's more popular form at request)

But this blatant attack on monster must stop, he never claimed the dog was his, he just never said other wise. I can not prove that his models are 'stolen', I suspected he was only porting them, but I can not confirm he stole them.

All I can confirm is that he steals ideas faster then he came up with it. That he uses questionable ethics in the way he sells and distributes his work. That he had this extremly arrogant attitude which made us little pawns in his plans to riches.

Wisemen are hard to find, they are tarnished by sayings and quotes that are not of their true nature.
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2006 07:32
Well, I suspect the "attacks" on Monster/Accode will stop when he starts taking care of his customers. As for the "dog incident", here is a link to the first episode and a link to episode two.

Anyways, I'm going to release this thread to sink back down into the depths....

Smitho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2006 00:27
Quote: "
I think Accode should be reported to TGC, and an official warning should be put out. Shutting his site down would be a positive step also, as he is "stealing".

I stickied this thread (at least temporarily) so everyone can see it.

I will also let TGC know what is going on.
We are trying to hard to keep these Forums on track and with the support of members have been making good progress."

I must say... the mods are making this place sooo much better. I, as Im sure many others are, appreciate all your hard work.
This of course doesnt mean everyone can help others out, just as Super Gamer 555 has done, by warning the public, even if it has been discussed before.

Yours in Gaming,
Dan.

seth zer0
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2006 01:59
okay i try buying the super pack from him 2 mouth ago and still dont have it i just gave up so he is a con but i did get the free stuff. but not what i paid for so whats up with that

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 15:20:20
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 15:20:20