Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / TED/Importing landscapes

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Would you be able to import landscapes into FPSC if you could what would you use it as, just a entity?

GIVE ME FREE STUFF
Madwolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2006 01:56 Edited at: 7th Jul 2006 02:12
im also unsure about this, ive atempted importing it with the .x imprter download thing on fpsc site, it doesnt seem to work properly, just every time i look at it from an angle the texture apears as some flat sqaure like, anythin im missing, sos im not clear but it cna be fairly difficult to describe
game freak16
Years of Service
User Offline
You can import terrains with TED there is just some bugs like getting stuck for no reason.
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2006 13:29 Edited at: 8th Jul 2006 13:36
Importing is fairly easy to accomplish. the collision thing is one you may have to tinker with. remember to set the collision type to poly. you do not need the software that TGC has in place for importing .x files. you can do this manually. I am going to assume for the sake of this topic that you are importing terrain with multiple textures. You will only be able to use them as dynamic entities (unless you UVmapped them then you can use them as static entities or perhaps segments) read this thread for instructions from 3DWS they will be the same on the FPSC end and should be pretty close to being the same fromthe modeling program end. just export as a .x file and everything is the same.

* you will have to scale it alot to get it in to FPSC, if the terrain is to big it will crash FPSC. and make sure you build the terrain even with world center in TED.

read this thread

RF

Madwolf
Years of Service
User Offline
very much apreciated, though i have done a lot of that,
But i keep gettin: untime error 7018-could not load 3d object at line 13258 [the scale is 1, so unless it it massive comparitivly speakin i dont quite see]
as i said, much apreciated
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2006 21:38
what is the grid size you are using? try to keep it either to 64 or 128. if you use a 512 or bigger FPSC will ninja kick you in the throat ! . I use 3DWS for most of my terrain needs. and I have learned a few things. I recommend 3DWS. Though I may download the demo of TED, once I do I will be able to better asses the situation. One of the nice things is this engine reads all .x files the same 'er meaning: that an .x file is an .x file. and I think you are making it an entity. can you post a screen shot of the .fpe file for me?

RF

Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: MAFIA 2
Posted: 13th Jul 2006 02:22
I have done a lot of landscapes, and I know there is a lot of crap-softwares out there! I say Freeworld3D and Geoscape is real good programs, it makes the landscapes soft and very real. But You can make fantastic landscapes with free programs as Terragen as well. I start working in Geoscape and later on I make details as caves and corrections in Cinema 4D. Awesome combination I think!

Menu Extreme! The answer to Your save & load problem...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 01:23:43
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 01:23:43